PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher July 16 - July 22

Pat Isaac
07-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone,

Nice summer day and we didn't get the predicted showers last eve. Some area did and they were devastating storms, no injuries though.
We pick our first round of green beans yesterday and had them for supper...Yum.
I'm off to the studio today to pack up more stuff.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

LJW
07-16-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi Pat and everybody. We're in for a busy next few days with visitors arriving tomorrow and lots of preparations before then. We are in the process of re-staining the pine floor in our kitchen, which doesn't stand up to traffic too well. But with an open concept plan it isn't feasible to have this floor anything but pine. Once that's done, we have to clean house and rearrange furniture in our second spare bedroom (used as an exercise room usually) to accomodate sleeping arrangements. My studio doesn't get disrupted thank goodness, but I won't have any time for painting. I'll drop in to WC as often as possible, though. Jane

Pat Isaac
07-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Sounds like a busy week, Jane. I hope you have a great time with your visitors.
We will be going away for a few days...Thurs. - Mon. or Tues.
Cleaned out more stuff in the studio today and we have a meeting of the members tonight to bring everyone up to speed on relocating.

Pat

AngelaF
07-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Hi everyone. Congratulations on finding a place Pat, I am mixed up as to which one it was, is it still in your town? I am assuming it is not the former nursing home? Sorry you have to be disrupted by all this. It will be nice to be settled by September, though.

Have fun with your guests, Jane, sounds like you are doing alot to get ready. I know how guests can help you get certain things done around the house, though.

I brought mom home from the hospital last week. She seems to be doing better. I will be going over regularly for various medical appointments and for company. I also have been busy tending a sick dog and trying to get things packed up in the great room. Flooring people were here yesterday to measure but haven't given me and estimate or date yet. The handy man cancelled being here Monday, said he would call midweek. I am often wishing I were done with this house stuff, but keep telling myself that the only way out is through.

Take care all, Angela

Pat Isaac
07-17-2007, 08:31 AM
So glad to hear that your Mom is doing better, Angela. I certainly hope the house stuff moves along. Renovations always take so long, it seems. I need to do some garden work today and leave the packing for another day.

Pat

hopalong
07-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Yea! Pat, you have a new place? I missed the post with all the details but congrats!

Jane, have fun with your company. funny how house projects suddenly get kicked into high gear when company is coming!!!

Angela, so glad your mom is better

I'm getting ready to visit my son in NYC. Any recommendations on art things I should see? I'll be really busy over the next few weeks (we are having a family reunion on the Smokey's in August.) so I'll only be around somewhat!
Hope everyone is enjoying these long days of summer!

Pat Isaac
07-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Believe it or not, I am going with my artist friend to look at another building this morning. This building is in town also, but we had heard there was no space. Wrong. Many from our artists community have gone there over the last few days to rent space and all say it is a very clean building and reasonable, so we are going to take a look.
I haven't been to NYC in a long time so can't be of much help except for the museums. Have a great time, Lindsay.

Pat

AnnieA
07-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi everyone! It's been raining here the last few days, and is forecast to continue raining for about a week. Ugh. I really don't like rain in the summer - the humidity is awful.

Pat: Isn't it wonderful to cook the things you grow yourself? I only do herbs anymore, but there's still something special about using them. Where are you going - a vacation? (You said you'd be away for a few days.)

Jane: I hope the organizing of your place is going well. Enjoy your company!

Angela: It's good to hear that your mom has improved. You still sound really busy - I hope things quiet down enough soon for you to be able to paint.

Lindsay: I understand that the Art Students League used to offer free art classes on Saturday mornings, but I don't know if they still do, as Richard Pionk taught and he recently passed away. It might be worth checking out. Have fun in NYC!

Pat: If its a nicer building, and cheaper too, that would be great, especially if you all can stay together. Best wishes!

LJW
07-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Lindsay, we get the New Yorker magazine and here's some info from that:
Metropolitan: Parisian fashion designer Paul Poiret thru Aug 5; Impressionist and Early Modern Paintings from Clark Brothers collection; Frank Stella.
MOMA: Richard Serra sculptures
Guggenheim: under restoration, but there's something on Divisionism/NeoImpressionism thru Aug. 6
Whitney: Art from the Psychedelic era
Jewish Museum: Louise Nevelson sculptures
Also, we always enjoy the Frick collection - it's so good.

Angela, glad to hear your Mom is doing better, but sorry to hear your dog is sick. Having workers not appear when they say they will is so tedious.

Annie, it's pouring down rain today, but we had a lovely day yesterday out with Greg's relatives - sunny and not too hot.

Pat, interesting to hear of this new studio possibility. Will you be able to get out of the other arrangement?

Jane

Pat Isaac
07-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Well, we did it. Rented space in the other building in town. # of us will share 1000 sq. ft. of space and it is empty and clean! The hallways are gorgeous, all capeted, shiny wood floors, pictures on the hallway walls. Wide hallways and locked ladies room (you can't imagine what we are used to). Easy to work freight elevator and we are on the second floor, have windows on 3 sides. There is one large center room with 2 smaller rooms on each side and an alcove space off the big room. Heat and light included, windows that actually work. The artist that was looking into buildings said there wasn't much space there so we never looked at it and then there was a rumor about the building being sold. None of this was true. There are now about 15 of us who have rented space there and more are going to look. It is just fantastic.
I have a call into the other place and I don't see a problem as we only put a deposit on it and didn't sign anything.
This means that I can move in slowly over the next month.
We are about to have big boomers here soon. We didn't go away this week as the weather is very murky, humid and rainy. Sitting in a lake cottage in that weather didn't turn us on. We'll go later.

Pat

hopalong
07-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Pat!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2007/81895-35760-party-smiley-020.gif SO happy for you! Sounds like a dreamy space.

Jane, Thanks so much! You reminded me about the Jewish Museum and I think in the Holocaust Survivor museum there is an Andy Goldsworthy exhibit.

Annie, i think I'm going to cry. My flight gets in at 12N. Boo hoo. But something to think about next time. (I know there will be a next time!!!)

Pat, you are getting the boomer's we had last night. HUGE rain and alot of electricity!!