PDA

View Full Version : Corel Painter - Pastel Journal Article

artist_pw
07-16-2007, 03:51 AM
Hi:

I just got a copy of the current Pastel Journal and was browsing through it, and noticed the article 'The 21st Century Pastelist'. There was some information about Corel Painter, which is a nice software, but it listed the source of it and had a price of $419. If you are at all interested in this software, you might be able to find it much cheaper with a bigger bang for your bucks if you buy a Wacom Graphire stylus mouse and tablet. I got one a while back, and this software came in its bundle, along with Adobe Photoshop Elements. I think I picked this up from a local Microcenter when it was on special for about $70 or so. Hope this helps anyone who might plan to get this software.

As a side note, I also recently got a copy of the Vue 5 Easel software because it was on sale and I also got a sweet 20% discount on my order from Jerry's Artarama, so I was able to get it for about $59. I haven't put it through it's paces yet, but I poked around a little with it, and it looks pretty cool too.