PDA

View Full Version : so i tried my hand at acrylics.

cartoonimator91
07-15-2007, 05:51 PM
I got an acrylic paints set for christmas that i have neglected for awhile. hadn't even used it until today because i'm more of a pen and ink and digital color cartoonist. However today i saw the set just sitting there, so i thought i'd give it a shot and i really like painting now. i'm gonna read a few books and tutorials and try to get better at it.

so here it is, my first acrylic painting :D

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u248/kamikaze-twinky/painting.jpg

idcrisis55
07-15-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi & Welcome Cartoonimator. Good job on your first acrylic. I like the subject matter and the way you did those trees. Learning acrylics, like anything, just takes persistence and plenty of practice. No doubt you will find lots of helpful information in the Information Kiosk link just above the thread area on the main page.

laudesan
07-15-2007, 09:16 PM
Hey there and welcome to the forum.

I like your painting a lot and can't wait to see more from you!!!..

C_Line
07-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Hey, welcome Matt! Very nice job for your first time with acrylics. What do you think? How'd you like them? There's so much to learn about acrylics right here at WC. Check out the Information Kiosk. Feel free to ask any questions too. That's what we're here for!

Welcome to Wetcanvas...we're sure happy to have you here. Keep practicing you'll love their versatility the longer you use them I think!

bullyluvver
07-16-2007, 03:42 AM
I think you did just fine with the acrylics! What size is the picture and which brand acrylic are you using?

Gail

cartoonimator91
07-16-2007, 05:00 AM
Hey, thanks for the support you guys! :)

The picture is 8x13 done on some bristol board, and i used daler rowney "system 3" paints.

i'm gonna try some new stuff later, anyone know any good websites that show the basic techniques of acrylic painting?

thanks
~Matt

howyadoin
07-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Welcome aboard. You oughta be able to learn a lot here; I know I definitely have.

Andun
07-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Hey Matt:) Glad you funally got that set out and gave it a go! Looks like you got a knack for painting and you sure found a great place to learn so lots of luck and show us more:)

dreamz
07-16-2007, 09:30 AM
very nice piece ! You are already at one of the best areas of the web to learn about acrylics or art of any kind but I am a firm believer in learning by doing. It doesnt make a difference what surface you chose, paper, canvas, or scraps of wood, learning how the paints mix and flow and how different applicators , brush,sponge,rag,credit card, create different effects are more important than the paintings content and most of all HAVE FUN WITH THE JOURNEY

welcome to WC , hope we see many more of your works

Linee
07-16-2007, 11:04 AM
I like it! A very fun piece. Hope you try some more. :)

WILT
07-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Welcome to Acrylics, Matt,

You will find them versatile, quick drying suitable for almost any surface
easy to colour match etc. etc. You obviously already have the draughting skills so just -- paint, paint, and post your questions here as they crop up. the guys on here are great and will all help you.

OH and Ist off ------make a Stay-Wet palette.

and your first question is?

WILT

jan409
07-17-2007, 01:45 PM
this looks like fun. Like the colors. Jan