PDA

View Full Version : any interest in an op group?

reeta
07-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone:wave:

I have found it very difficult to locate any artists using ops in my area, and have been thinking about starting an op group. Does anyone have any interest in meeting maybe once a month or so in the upstate new york area?(Lake George, Saratoga Springs, or Albany) I think it would e great to be able to meet other oil pastel artists and do demonstrations, share techniques, etc. Please let me know if any of you have any interest. I'm thinking of asking our local art council if we could use some of their space, if not meeting in a coffee shop or something to start out. Thanks, Reeta

fala
07-15-2007, 12:34 PM
If I lived there, that would sound fun. I live in Michigan and we are planning to move to Alabama, I hope you find some artists close to you. Good luck!

AnnieA
07-15-2007, 04:47 PM
reeta: Are you a member of the OPS? I'm not (although I really should join), but I happened to run across a thread recently that mentioned something about a local chapter (sorry, but I don't remember exactly where, so I can't locate it for you). If there isn't a chapter already in your area, you could always start one. If nothing else, you might be able to locate other nearby OP artists through OPS. Perhaps one of the members who posts here could advise you further...

fishfan
07-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Reeta, I live in "Upstate NY", but still would have a four hour drive to the places you mentioned. I like the idea and would consider one or two trips a year (not in the winter) if something was organized. I hope you find some interest. Ed

Pat Isaac
07-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Yes, the Oil Pastel Society would also be a great place to start. www.oilpastelsociety.com. I think the chapter that you may be thinking of is in the Chicago area. I know there is an Oil Pastel Society in Maine too, based in the Kennebunk area.

Pat

LJW
07-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Hi Reeta, I had a look at the map and it's probably a five hour drive from us to Lake George. We would want to stay overnight if we were driving that far. But we have an elderly dog who doesn't travel well and who can't be boarded, so it rules me out at this point in time I'm afraid. (I don't like to drive that distance by myself). I hope you can find some oil pastellists nearby. Jane