PDA

View Full Version : What do you think he is looking at?

Andun
07-14-2007, 04:21 AM
:wave: Hi gang!
I'm home for the weekend and just did this one.A typhoon is coming so I can't go to the beach myself so....I painted one.That life guard seems to keeping his eye on the young lady not the guy in the water:lol:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2007/84252-DSC00001.JPG

idylbrush
07-14-2007, 04:51 AM
very bold. Nice sense of light in this one. Rather like the style and feel of it.

mooz49
07-14-2007, 04:55 AM
:wave: Hi gang!
I'm home for the weekend and just did this one.A typhoon is coming so I can't go to the beach myself so....I painted one.That life guard seems to keeping his eye on the young lady not the guy in the water:lol:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Jul-2007/84252-DSC00001.JPG
Well Tony .... he is a man after all ...... say no more!! :lol:
Beautiful painting ..... I love those strong warm colors .....well done! :clap:

Andun
07-14-2007, 05:00 AM
very bold. Nice sense of light in this one. Rather like the style and feel of it.
Hi Howard:wave: Thanks very much sire!! Hey I really like the quote at the bottom of your quote:lol: very funny..facts..who needs 'em eh!

Andun
07-14-2007, 05:01 AM
Howdy Anne:) Yup...he sure is! What a great job that must be.Shame they don't use chubby old guys:lol:

artbyjune
07-14-2007, 07:30 AM
I like this painting. Great colour and contrast. feels so full of sunshine.

dreamz
07-14-2007, 08:20 AM
as a former lifeguard I can assure you that although his gaze may linger and return to the young lady he is also watching his stretch of water..

very cool painting

Lady Carol
07-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Nice Tony. You have achieved a good connection between the bather and the lifeguard. I also like the foreground interest with the girl.

Linee
07-14-2007, 09:04 AM
I, too, think there's a good connection between the swimmer and the lifeguard. It must be the skin tone on blue. The umbrella helps to bring the eye back to shore and then the girl is made more evident. I like this very much!

jan409
07-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Very good feeling to this work. I love it, the light is great. Jan

C_Line
07-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Wow Tony, I think this is my favorite of yours yet! It's beautifully done.

Jon
07-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Good composition, bold colors, an interesting subject matter and a beautiful beach! Well done!

swampborn
07-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey Tony,
The girl looks like she knows someone is eyeing her.:) I love the feel of this painting.:thumbsup: Looks like a great summer day. Fun in the sun! Great work! :clap: :clap: :clap:

SunsetSue
07-14-2007, 10:54 AM
I love this Tony, very colorful and summery. You did the right thing staying out of the typhoon and painting your beach this weekend!!

RTT
07-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Another great summer scene Tony.
I love that red!

gaykir
07-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I too love this! Great composition & color - everything except for one thing. No one else has mentioned it so perhaps it's my eyes (they fail when you get old! ha!) there seems to be something wrong with the two posts on the bottom of the stairs. They both seem fixed to the near side of the stair. Shouldn't the one on the right be afixed to the far side meaning it would not come down past the top of the stair ?? I hope I am explaining this correctly. It bothered me when I first saw it. Maybe I'm not seeing it correctly - who knows.

lilbelle
07-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Wow Anthony, this is terrific!! That red is just wonderful! I really like this style of painting.

Eggy
07-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Gayle, your eyes are just fine.....I thought mine had gone a bit crossed-eyed !

Mz_Sketch_Pad
07-14-2007, 06:48 PM
i think he's looking at the water - btw i love the bright colors!

Paulafv
07-14-2007, 08:27 PM
This is a great picture. And chubby older guys used to be lifeguards to supplement their income as gym teachers in high school the rest of the year.
Now, not any student or teacher wants to be a lifeguard, because the pay is poor. Priorities are skewed.

I love the comp and color in this painting. It is excellent.

Andun
07-14-2007, 11:48 PM
:heart: Wow!!!Thanks guys:music: You are all so kind to say such nice things about this painting.
Thank you June.
I am sure you were a very conscientious lifeguard Doc:lol:
Carol and Linda,you noticed my composition trick.Basically it is a large box juxtapositioned by a triangle.The box being the tower and the three points of the triangle being the swimmer,girl and umbrella.Thank you for noticing it:)
Thank you as well Jan
Wow Celeste! Your favorite so far.Thank you:D
Thanks also to Gail and Jon.
Hi Sue! The typhoon is still here tearing up the country and is due to pass over here this afternoon.The rivers are already swollen and chocolate brown so...I'll paint again today:lol:
Thanks Randy.I am very happy that you found my efforts enjoyable!
Hi Gayle and Eggy! Yes...the bottom post does look a bit off.I'll have a go at that today,thank you both.
Thanks also to Lillian in beautful B.C. and to Mz Sketch.
Hi Paula! Yes,the old and chubby guys need to get back on the beach:thumbsup:
Thanks again to all of you for your overwhelming support and kindness:heart:

CamiTampa
07-15-2007, 12:46 AM
I like this painting. To me, it has a pop art look to it.

That girl may be drowning in misery and need his attention.

Cami

laudesan
07-15-2007, 08:27 AM
Awesome painting. I am painting a life Guard series too at present, as it is The Year of The Surf Lifesaver in Australia this year..:)

I wonder if that umbrella shouyld be a little bigger looking at it again???

idcrisis55
07-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Way to go, Tony. I like the composition and the great palette you used. Stay safe in that typhoon.

Andun
07-16-2007, 08:24 AM
I like this painting. To me, it has a pop art look to it.

That girl may be drowning in misery and need his attention.

Cami
Pop art...Yeah Cami:) That is what I thought.Thanks a lot!!:lol:

Andun
07-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Awesome painting. I am painting a life Guard series too at present, as it is The Year of The Surf Lifesaver in Australia this year..:)

I wonder if that umbrella shouyld be a little bigger looking at it again???
Hi JJ:wave:
Thanks mate!!! Hey...I got good timing huh! Year of the life saver:thumbsup:

Andun
07-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Way to go, Tony. I like the composition and the great palette you used. Stay safe in that typhoon.
Thanks Ann:) I had a great time with this one and getting the setting sun light just right was a nice challenge.
BTW the typhoon turned away so we were spared the worst of it but today we had a pretty bad earthquake:crying: Many have died here and many more injured.

Li'l Brown
07-16-2007, 11:30 AM
I heard aboutt he earthquake on the news Tony... stay safe.

Great painting!

idcrisis55
07-16-2007, 11:41 AM
Tony, such devastation and loss. I just heard another 6.6 hit and hope all is well with you and your family. I went through the Alaska Quake in 1964. It is one of the most frightening, helpless experiences there is.

Bobbo
07-16-2007, 07:36 PM
wow that red hurts my eye,
like it does on a summers day!
well cought

tonyjazz
07-16-2007, 08:29 PM
A winner Tony! You got a typhoon then an earthquake! Batten down the hatches dude! Hope all is well...............

laudesan
07-16-2007, 09:31 PM
today we had a pretty bad earthquake:crying: Many have died here and many more injured.Oh that is just dreadful. My heart goes out to all those concerned..:(

Andun
07-17-2007, 01:17 AM
I heard aboutt he earthquake on the news Tony... stay safe.

Great painting!
Thank you for caring Jesslyn:) I will try!!!

Andun
07-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Tony, such devastation and loss. I just heard another 6.6 hit and hope all is well with you and your family. I went through the Alaska Quake in 1964. It is one of the most frightening, helpless experiences there is.
:wave: I'm still here...a bit shook up but still here! Thank you as well Ann for being concerned.

Andun
07-17-2007, 01:20 AM
wow that red hurts my eye,
like it does on a summers day!
well cought
Thanks Mate!
It was a great light for trying to re-create.I am very glad you like it.I think your le mans cars are beyond fantastic!!:thumbsup:

Andun
07-17-2007, 01:22 AM
A winner Tony! You got a typhoon then an earthquake! Batten down the hatches dude! Hope all is well...............
Hi Tony:wave: Still kickin'...so far anyway.Guess it will take more than nature at her worst to keep me still:lol: (BTW..No sign of the DVD yet)

Andun
07-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Oh that is just dreadful. My heart goes out to all those concerned..:(
Thanks JJ:angel: The Japanese people are very resilient and are taking this latest earthquake in their stride.Re-building and clean up are in full swing already.A fighting spirit is needed to live here:thumbsup:

laudesan
07-17-2007, 05:24 AM
Thanks JJ:angel: The Japanese people are very resilient and are taking this latest earthquake in their stride.Re-building and clean up are in full swing already.A fighting spirit is needed to live here:thumbsup:Sure sounds like it..