PDA

View Full Version : a project completed - the acrylics

*Violet*
07-13-2007, 03:25 AM
.... since i *finally* finished the art trading card project 2007 :clap::clap: and i posted my pastel atcs in the soft pastel forum i feel i may as well post the atcs that i did in acrylics to show those in his forum that likely weren't following that thread what's taken up much of my time these past few months (i'm not very prolific at the best of times :o )... as many of you might know, each of the separate images shown here in this one image measure just 2.5" x 3.5" ... trading card size format ... and they're done on illustration board ... i found out 1) just coz they're small doesn't mean they're easy !! ... :lol: ... and 2) i need much more practice and patience !!! ... anyway ... here they are ...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jul-2007/46454-acrylic_atcs_428x336.jpg

and for those that might want to view the large collection of atcs done for the project (25 particpants x 25 atcs!!) in watercolour, acrylics, and pastels, see http://www.wetcanvas.com//Community/Projects/index.php?cmd=browse_final_all&proj_id=1076 to view the wide variety of lovely works ...

Xique
07-13-2007, 03:43 AM
Really great stuff! I tried to do some smaller stuff, and it was terrible. You can really feel the time and effort you put into each of them, and the result is awesome.

Mike

jan409
07-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Beautiful, these are wonderful. I like to do small stuff. Jan

WILT
07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
I like the wine glass with the grapes best although they're all good .

WILT (:^)

idcrisis55
07-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Good job on the paintings and finishing the project!

Linee
07-13-2007, 10:45 AM
What wonderful variety and detailing.

Lady Carol
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Terrific collection you have there Violet. Well done

*Violet*
07-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Mike ... thank you so much ... i did indeed find it necessary to put a lot of time even into such a size ... loved your flowers in your first post btw !!!

Jan ... thank you, too ... i can understand why you'd like to do small stuff, i've seen your work and your attention to detail is exactly what is needed ...

wilt ... thanks, the wine glass is one of my faves too ...it was the reference for an earlier *different strokes* monthly acrylics project and rather than finish that projects' painting i finished this one !! ... :lol: ... btw ... love your seascapes!

Ann ... many thanks ... it was a tougher project than i thought, in both the time commitment and the actual painting ... now i'm trying to do a grisaille, and yours was one i saw and was impressed with ... :)

linda... thank you very much!! ... love your plein airs !!

carol ... thanks muchly ... almost wish i hadn't traded 'em !! ... lol ... nahhhh ... it's cool thinking they're in others' collections now and all over the world !! ... i saw *your* wine and grapes too ... marvelous btw ... :)

again, many thanks for looking and your kind comments everyone !! :):)

Paulafv
07-13-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm with the wine glass and grapes as well, but they are all good, cute, funny and interesting.

I think Illustration board is great, but it's so difficult to cut, especially so small.
Don't have space for a heavy cutting board, and my little g.daughter would find it and use it to no good end.

They are not as easy as they look to paint, but they are fun, don't you think?

*Violet*
07-13-2007, 10:44 PM
thanks paula ... you are certainly right about illustration board being hard to cut !!! ... i used a paper guillotine ... the one with a handle/blade ... might have dulled it with all the board i cut into those little cards ... and yes, the cards do have a *fun* side to them ... the trading aspect ... don't know if i'll do any more too soon tho !! ... :lol: ... i think i've had my fill of them for a while !! ...

C_Line
07-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Painting tiny can be tiresome can't it? You did marvelously.

*Violet*
07-13-2007, 11:43 PM
you're absolutely right, celeste ... and thank you !!

swampborn
07-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Violet

Great job. I especially like the grapes and the wine glass. I can't imagine painting that small. My fingers would be cramping big time.
Gail

SunsetSue
07-14-2007, 11:17 AM
These are really great, Violet. I agree, small does not mean easy! You have done well on these, I really like them.

lilbelle
07-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Amazing detail for such small pieces! How do you get such clear photos of them? Wonderful!