PDA

View Full Version : Nikon Coolpix5700 ~ Defective

maggie latham
07-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Hello Everyone,
Just thought I would let you know that Nikon is having problem with some of their cameras, which were produced about five years ago. I have been having a lot of trouble with my Coolpix5700 digital camera, and when I called them about it, they told me that they are replacing defective parts in that model, and servicing it for free. One of the problems is weird color hues in the lens or monitor, or your image in the viewfinder looking like a histogram in Photoshop! A black screen also seems to be one of the problems. I have a friend who has a Cannon which she bought around the same time as me, and hers is doing the same thing, which leads me to believe that the defective part might have been used in many different brands. I do not know this for sure, and can only pass on what the customer service rep at Nikon told me about the Coolpix 5700. If you have one of these cameras, check on their website to down-load shipping instructions.
I know a lot of you use a camera for recording and photographing your work, so wanted to share the info about this particular camera.
Maggie

Paulafv
07-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Thank you for this information. My Canon Power Shot A70 digital has started doing weird things with no rhyme or reason. The viewer goes wavey as I'm trying to focus, the images turn pink-purple and almost totally out of focus, but not always. Someone a day or two ago in Acrylics or Watercolor had the same problem with her Fuji Fine Pic, so it does seem to be across the board. They may share some lens components that wore out. Mine is four or five years old. Bought it to capture my daughter's wedding shower and wedding, which may be five years now.

This is very helpful to know. Thanks again,

Paula

maggie latham
07-16-2007, 07:21 PM
:cat:
Dear Paula,
I believe it is a sensor problem across the board. If you go to Canonís web site I believe they have instructions for sending it back and repairing it free of charge.
Maggie