PDA

View Full Version : "Mute Point"

flyfisherflyfisher1
07-11-2007, 08:21 AM
I don't really like this one much. I think had it on my board too long.
I think it's the composition...I guess I broke some of the rules:lol:
It's a couple of mute swans at our lake house. They look sweet and nice
But they're mean! I guess they killed a Loon two years ago (according to my neighbor)and they always chase the Canada geese around. I think they are beautiful to look at.
As far as the painting the feet are all messed-up :o (I'll have to practice), feathers practice those too.:o I guess I have to do more research before I start the next painting. Anyway all C & C Welcome!http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jul-2007/103550-ph-10568.jpg
Pete
Thanks for looking:) :)

NickyW
07-11-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Pete, how you going? I love your geese, they are gorgeous..the water looks so good too, very nice painting, well done.

jody007
07-11-2007, 09:26 AM
I love it!!!1 Beautiful painting!
Jody

ThomasM
07-11-2007, 10:06 AM
I think they look great, you did a wonderful job. Feet, perhaps lost a bit with background color but it blends very nicely, thank you for posting:clap:
tom

pjdee
07-11-2007, 06:01 PM
What's not to like? The swans look GREAT! Love the water and rocks... I'd never do feet and feathers that well!

PatrickHedges
07-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the pm Pete :)

You know about the composition thing already. For others I suggested he crop the bottom slightly which balances things up better, but this is already awesome

Garbonzo
07-11-2007, 10:47 PM
I really like your style Pete. The colors and arrangement are very nice.

Firehorse
07-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I think you did a great job too! And they kill loons??? That strange to hear, not that I know all that much about swans, but I'm a loony person ;-). Seriously, I just love loons and hate to hear about them dying since they're up against so much.

Cherylyn Gaiter
07-12-2007, 02:47 AM
I also like what I see. I think your very hard on yourself Pete. I think the feet blend a bit too much with the rocks, but Geeeee"sss, the rest is great, and you picked a subject that isn't easy to do. Well done.

Cherylyn

annj
07-12-2007, 03:32 AM
Hey, I was gonna suggest cropping the bottom off, but Patrick beat me to it! <g>

I like this piece, it has great character.

flyfisherflyfisher1
07-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the comments. You guy's are great ! I'm going to crop and work on the rocks the ones standing on and the feet. I'll probably screw around with the feathers too a little. Anything else?

As Far as killing loons I'm a bit of a looney person too and think that they are a good deal more agile than a swan and faster and go under water...The guy that told me this would have a problem telling the differance between a loon and a Canada goose really:lol: :lol: So don't take to much stock in that information;)
Thank you
Pete