PDA

View Full Version : I'm new here...

NativeAmericanArt
07-11-2007, 01:11 AM
Hi! I am new to Wet Canvas, and I would like to share one of my paintings. Feel free to comment and tell me what you think of it.

Loishttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jul-2007/111670-DSC00949.JPG

dreamz
07-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Welcome to WC! I really like your scene but Im not sure the color of the water/ice is correct, it appears a little bright for the rest of the scene especially that fantastic sky in the background

C_Line
07-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Welcome to WC Lois! We're so glad you found us and hope you'll quickly feel at home.

I think your painting is charming. I agree with Doc, maybe the water/ice color could be greyed down just a tiny bit. I love the way you painted the trees - so texturally interesting.

My thought too is that maybe next time you paint a similar scene to flip the direction of the house with it facing into the painting rather than out. It seems like the red end of the house pointing outward draws the eye more than the lovely blue roof facing inward, does that make sense?

Thank you for sharing such a picturesque scene with us and again, welcome!

idcrisis55
07-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi Lois, want to add my welcome too. :) I enjoyed your painting and the wonderful depth you have in it. I really feel one can travel back into the scene. You have received a couple of good tips/suggestions for the next time you paint something similar. Hope to see more of your work when you are ready.

Linee
07-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Welcome! I agree about the nice texture to the trees. A very picturesque scene. Besides what Celeste said about the house, I think pulling it in closer next time would help it become more a part of the rest of the scene.

Being from Michigan, the upper peninsula, I'm not sure I'm ready for snow scenes yet. ;) :D

I hope to see more of your paintings. :)

Jon
07-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Welcome, it is good to have you with us.
I like it and I would love to see a few tiny figures skating on the ice. :)

jan409
07-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Welcome, I like the snow scene. I agree that the water/ice is too bright. Keep posting. Jan

swampborn
07-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Welcome!:wave: You have a nice painting. I can't advise you on anything because I'm just learning. But all these folks here are very helpful and will give you some excellent advice. Keep posting your work and asking questions. Look around on this site. You will find a lot of helpful WIP's and all kinds of info.
Gail

NativeAmericanArt
07-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm sorry that I have not responded before now. I would like to thank everyone for their nice comments and their gentle critiques. I think I am going to like being here!

Lois

Andun
07-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Hi Lois:wave: and welcome to the acrylics forum:)
I think you have done a great job on the trees sky and snow.Others have given great advice for the ice.I hope yopu continue to post here and enjoy your time with us.