PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Sunset

tonyjazz
07-09-2007, 10:06 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2007/103497-GS_Side.jpg 16 x 20 x 1 GWC. 4th in a series of guitar. C & C's welcome. 1st pic shows sides painted.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2007/103497-Guitar_SS.jpg

SunsetSue
07-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi Tony, I love the colors here. My only crit would be that the clouds are all shaped the same, and some variety might improve the scene. Other than that, the composition is wonderful. How many do you have in the guitar series now?

idcrisis55
07-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I enjoyed your painting, Tony and like the composition. My one little suggestion is that the rocks create a pattern and are about the same size and color as the guitar which takes away the focus from the guitar. I would suggest eliminating a few of the rocks or place some of them in a grouping.

*Violet*
07-09-2007, 06:22 PM
in addition to the aforementioned observations i'd suggest ensuring that the sunlight on the water be reflected in a vertical pattern from the sun (it seems to be slanting toward the right) ... with as much extending beyond the width of sun (if an imaginary line were drawn straight down from each side of the sun) on each side ... and no reflected sunlight in front of the waves as that would be in shadow ...

Lady Carol
07-09-2007, 06:54 PM
..the thing that bothers me most about this one is that the clouds and the tree flowers are almost the same colour so the lovely flowers are getting a little lost.

Also the clouds that are above the sun are going to be lighter on their underside than they would if they were below the sun.

And finally, I wholeheartedly agree with Violet about the sunshine on the water.

But look, you have a great composition and it will ony take a few more tweaks and what a winner it will be.

dreamz
07-09-2007, 08:36 PM
I like the overall scene, I agree that the clouds need a bit of variaty in shape and color but the thing that bothers me is the sun, it doesnt seem to fit with the rest of the sky, which I think is simply gorgeous by the way!

CamiTampa
07-09-2007, 10:51 PM
I like the painting. The clouds bother me, though, I disagree with Carol. As high as the sun is it would still shine above those clouds. The sun has to be very low to shine under low puffy clouds.

The water impresses the hell out of me.
Cami

jan409
07-09-2007, 11:33 PM
good colors, I do believe the clouds could use some work. The are all alike. The painting is good. Just needs a little tweeking. Jan

C_Line
07-10-2007, 12:22 AM
You know, I think this is my favorite of your series. It's very Dali-ish, and I think that's a good thing!