PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher July 9 - July 15

Pat Isaac
07-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Good morning everyone,

We have had some much needed rain and the garden is very happy. We'll be picking beans soon.
Today a group of us artists are meeting with the owner of one of the mill buildings that we have been looking at. We are hoping he will commit to a price and an agreement for us to rent space in the building. Here's hoping as we need to be out soon.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

vanity
07-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Good morning everyone,
We have had some much needed rain and the garden is very happy. We'll be picking beans soon.
Pat

Last summer in Poland was very hot and dry. Fortunately , this year situation is different. Fields surrounding my neighbourhood are so colourful ! I hope I'll manage to draw some decent landscaped.

LJW
07-09-2007, 09:40 AM
We've been getting lots of rain lately and cooler weather, after a period of dryer hotter weather. I'm hoping for more sunshine now, as our garden isn't progressing as it should.

Pat, I hope this building works out - it would be nice to have things settled.
Jane

AnnieA
07-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Pat: Best wishes for success with that building. If it works out, will the rents be about the same as what you're paying now?

It's good that all of you, Pat, vanity and Jane, have been getting some rain. The weather here has been just about perfect for around a week now, but for tomorrow and Wednesday there's an "Excessive Heat Alert," :eek: with record temps.

Pat Isaac
07-09-2007, 04:40 PM
Nice to have you aboard, Vanity. Welcome. I hope your summer is better this year. It is still very hot and humid here and we are having numerous thunder boomers. The rain is good and in between sun.
The owner of this building is still hedging and he said he would have an answer in 2 weeks, but we feel that he is leaning our way. At least 15 to 20 of us want to go to that building, the rest to another building in town. I understand his problem as he will have to build out spaces to the size we want and that is a huge expense on his part. Here's hoping...as the building is very nice. The rents would be just a bit higher than we are paying now but doable and several of us are consider sharing if that is a better option.

Stay cool Annie.

Pat

AngelaF
07-10-2007, 06:26 AM
I am keeping my fingers crossed that the mill building works out for you, Pat.

Very hot a humid here the last couple of days, have to run in the house for a little bit if outside more than an hour or so. Packing up the great room in between calls to make various appointments for my mother who may be discharged tomorrow or Thursday. Handyman's manager rather grumpily told me Friday that the handyman/carpenter is still coming to my house to do the jobs we looked at.

I worked on the dog to make corrections last night. After a little more fiddling I plan to try to photograph it vs scanning for a repost. I'll reread your instructions first, Annie, on photographing one's work.

Take care all, Angela

Pat Isaac
07-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Glad you Mom will be coming home and is better.
Let's hope the handyman gets there this week, as it is difficult being disrupted while waiting for workmen.
Stay cool.

Pat

LJW
07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Angela, glad your mom is doing better. I'm happy to hear you are working on your dog painting - it captures the emotion of the moment so well. Good luck with the workers - it can be so frustrating waiting for them to show up. When we had some work done here, they'd say they would arrive bright and early and so we would get up much earlier than usual to be ready and then they'd arrive after lunch. Ugh.

Pat, I hope the owner of the building agrees to the renovations for you. Will he expect signed leases before starting the work?

It's getting to be hot and humid here too, with overcast conditions and the threat of thunderstorms. Not the greatest weather. Keeping cool is a priority, which means I can't paint in my un-airconditioned studio for any length of time. I've started and tossed out two tree paintings in the last two days, because I'm rushing to get done and back to the cool first floor. I may have to try painting at the dining room table, but the light isn't very good there.
Jane

Jane

Pat Isaac
07-10-2007, 03:15 PM
I started packing and throwing out stuff in my studio today and then the artist next door and I would take a break and commiserate. It is sad and depressing, but we are trying to be upbeat in finding a place. I tried to finish the melon picture today and did manage to block in the rest of the squares, but the OPs were too soft, so i understand Jane.
Thursday is supposed to be cooler or not as humid. Need to work in the garden tomorrow.

Pat

Pat Isaac
07-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Well, I have new studio space and will take occupancy Sept.1. 2 other artist next to me will share a space in one of the buildings we were looking at. It is smaller than we have but it will work.The owner of the other buidling was really messing with us, so we decided to just go to the less desirable building as it is not conducive for Open Studios. However, there are plusses with this space...it has AC....do you believe it???? It is on the 1st floor with all the offices. It also has a sink..Many of the other artists are moving into this building, but we won't all fit. We hope the others can relocate in another nearby building and then we can maintain our group status. Anyway, throwing out and packing is happening now. It is still sad to leave this building and we are all feeling it.
The garden is doing just great, growing fast and producing.

Pat

wabbitt
07-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Ahhhh, home sweet home :)

Wetcanvas is telling me I haven't posted in several weeks. It's good to hear things are working out for everyone. Pat, I'm glad your plans have firmed up.

I got in very late last night (or early this morning). I gave myself permission to sleep in but my internal clock hadn't reset itself, so I just laid in bed until I felt I was ready to tackle the workday.

Bermuda was beautiful. I took alot of pictures but I only have ink or pencil sketches from the cruise ship. Actually I still intend to add color to it using some pictures as reference. It was the only time I had to sit in one place. Came home for a week but spent all that time preparing for a family party, left Mom with her sister and I went off to Minneapolis, Minnesota. The area I was in reminds me alot of the North Dallas area about 15 years ago. It was very windy one day and cold the next morning. I did make it out to the Mall of America one evening and spent another evening at another huge shopping area. I didn't buy anything except a Swatch for my collection because there wasn't anything out there that I couldn't buy at home. I've got lots to do at work now that I have all this information in my head but I hope to get some of my own art done before school starts up again in about a month.

Pat Isaac
07-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Welcome back and glad that your trip was good. Everyone says that Bermuda is beautiful. I'm with you about the shopping thing. I don't tend to buy anything if I can get it at home. What is the point?
Looking forward to seeing some of your sketches.

Pat

LJW
07-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Julie, glad to hear you had a good holiday. Pat, I'm sure the air conditioning will make it worthwhile. It looks as if our dishwasher has given up the ghost, so we spent today looking at the local stores for possibilities. Since a new one will have to be ordered, we won't be able to get a replacement before the end of next week, and wouldn't you know it, we have guests visiting early in the week for a few days. Argh, why couldn't it have held out for another little while! Jane

Pat Isaac
07-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Jane, but it seems to be when the appliance virus strikes. Happened to us just before we had 18 for dinner....:eek: I thought of paper plates, but that was a little tacky.
good luck.

Pat