PDA

View Full Version : A combination of smudge and freehand...

cmvscrapper
07-09-2007, 09:25 AM
I have not yet shared any of my work on here, and thought I would jump in with this particular piece as it is a personal one and not one done for a client...it is a combination of photograph smudging and freestyle, done predominently in Photoshop...I would love to hear any and all comments...

HHCC Welcome!

Christina
http://NorthWoodSliceOfLifePhotography.blogspot.com

barryt
07-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Very nice. Perhaps a little suggestive bg would help, to give it a sense of where and why the attachment between them. Just finished competing?

cmvscrapper
07-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Very nice. Perhaps a little suggestive bg would help, to give it a sense of where and why the attachment between them. Just finished competing?

Just getting ready to compete, LOL! I have struggled with the background...big time! This actually started out as a full view of horse and rider (my niece)...I had removed the building and other riders that were in the background of the photo and painted in just a bit of rock and grass so they did not look like they were floating, and added a tree off to the left...I hated it...I have never struggled with a painting so much before...I then simplified everything and got this...I am so not happy with the background...I like your idea of just something a bit suggestive...thanks.

wrangler
07-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Nothing could be more expressive then the emotional moment you presented,it has some good chances to win in a competition,Personally I prefer Paint/Pinto,Palomino,Appaloosa,dun ,and cutting Mustang or Quarterhorse,
In addition to Cougar (Mountain Lion,Puma,Felis concolor,catamount) They're so cute when young,and later too.as well as Gray (grey) timberwolf,or Grey Siberian Wolf,petting image.

Bytemebabs
07-13-2007, 08:57 AM
I like it! Even without a detailed background.