PDA

View Full Version : Anasazi Love Song

smudgefactor
07-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Here is the 2nd (and last so far) of my "Pecos Series," (the first being "Going for Water"). :)

Before the Native American flutes were being recorded on CD's there was another use...

I had been looking at old photos of Puebloans and was intriqued with the way they sat on ladders and edges of the Pueblos etc. for public events and one thing led to another and the result was this scene coming to mind.

I used Blender to model the Pueblo and the pots (texture by hand in PSP), the man and woman were Poser models, I painted in the clothes in PaintShop Pro. The background was from one of my photos in Arizona. Layer work and editing in PSP.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

omniartz
07-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Well done! :)

GeoBen
07-08-2007, 02:50 PM
one particularly nice aspect is the perspective. the rising land behind the hills is very convincing and provides good depth. there may be a tad much detail in that land though. in the days when this image would have been, there would not have been the sort of 'civilized' organization to the land as can be seen here.

good idea, well executed.

geo.

smudgefactor
07-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks for your comments Kirk and Geo. I appreciate your observation, GeoBen, about my background and you are totally right and I had completely overlooked that :(

Here is take 2. I hope this preserves the advantages of the previous one and manages to look primeval.

Bytemebabs
07-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Again, another beautiful painting, but it still appears very dark to me and to see the details, I had to take it into PSP and lighten it.