PDA

View Full Version : Robot spiral

Jonnyridders
07-07-2007, 06:12 PM
:wave:
Hello everyone, I just joined the forums today and thought that I needed to kick things off by posting some work. Ive been lurking around and seeing some very strong work which i'll be commenting on soon, however, without further ado...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jul-2007/111412-robotspiral.jpg
this is my latest work, and it deals with our symbiotic relationship with technology and how our reliance on it may one day be our undoing, it was completed about a month ago and is oil on canvas(a new medium for me and my 3rd painting using oils.)
i've got a lot more where this came from and will be eagerly posting more stuff up soon.
All comments and queries are welcome.:clap:

sendboij
07-07-2007, 06:28 PM
this is nice! how big is it?

clementine
07-07-2007, 06:31 PM
interesting design and concept,super colors!make me think about 'Jules Verne'!
clem

wiscojaydub
07-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I can see by your website you are into many different media forms..Great stuff!

Jonnyridders
07-07-2007, 06:45 PM
this is nice! how big is it?
its 20" x 28"
i'm glad everyone likes it!
Wisco, yeah, i like to try lots of different approaches to art, whether its in comics, fine art, digital art, illustration etc etc i constantly adapt my sytles and approaches and try to keep myself interested by trying different things depending on my mood (or what people commission me to do).

Lynxes123
07-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi and welcome Jonny :wave: I'm agreeing with the others, your art (and website) is :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: excellent and I'm looking forward to seeing more more more!! :clap: Love the one you posted here!

RTT
07-07-2007, 09:13 PM
This is a beauty! So intricate, so rich in imagery.

Wilsonart
07-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Welcome Jonny.
Complex and interesting comp.
Nice color.
Also enjoyed '7 Dials' on your site.

omniartz
07-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Great details, colors and composition! Welcome! :)

veedubya
07-08-2007, 10:52 AM
speaking of strong work... wow this is complex and wnderful

minman
07-09-2007, 09:06 AM
I think, like everyone else, I am drawn to the complexity of this work. So much to look at that it is worth more than just a passing glance. It draws you in and gets you invloved. I like Clementine's Jules Verne reference. I got a similar feeling upon frist glance. Very nice illustration and work of art.

Jonnyridders
07-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Lynxes thanks alot, dont worry, i'll be posting much more on here, its nice that people are taking my work seriously and posting so many kind words, this is the most welcoming and encouraging forum i've ever been on.
RTT intricate is my middle name, if i dont fill every square inch of a page(or canvas) with something interesting(whilst paying attention to composition of course) it doesnt look like i did it!
wilsonartGlad you had a look at my site and liked 7dials. its funny but my abstract work(which i do less of) tends to elicit more of love or or hate it reaction in others but im glad you fell in the former camp.
omniartzThanks, my work comes in many shapes and sizes but details colours and composiytion are things i always try to get right.
VeedubyaThankyou thankyou thankyou!
Minman thanks, i always try to make my work a feast for the eyes that you spend a long time looking at and noticing new things, perhaps telling a story. the jules verne thing got me thinking and i think that whilst it wasnt a concious descision on my part i am currently trying to do a commission for a piece of sci fi art and this was one of my stabs at it, i didnt bother gifving the lady in question this piece becasue i felt it didnt hit the brief closely enough(its an art swap so i can spend as long as i want doing it anyway!) but it still has a slight sci-fi feel.
its interesting also that you say illustration and work of art.

As a comic artist as well as a fine artist my work often falls halfway between comic or illustration and fine art, more often than not this has a negative effect when it comes to promoting my work, comic people think my comics are too weird and 'arty' and art people(i.e. gallery owners etc) think my work is too illustrative and not resolved enough in temrs of what art buyers are looking for...but i can only do what comes naturally...that was longer post than it hought it would be..phew:)

minman
07-09-2007, 02:12 PM
I just think that it is a success on multiple levels.