PDA

View Full Version : Illuminated Gothic 'M'

marie_d
07-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Made this to-day, its done on scarlet coloured card with manuscript drawing ink, dip brush gold ink, and gouache paints. Size 4.5" x 6.5". Couldnt get the gold to show up on the scanner so photograped it instead. Still some shine on it, but I had to lean it a certain way to catch the gold ink. This is my first try at illuminated lettering, will be doing gold letter 'M' on black card next.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jul-2007/102905-illum_m_003.jpg

Marie:)

Jakeally
07-05-2007, 12:49 PM
This is so beautiful Marie. For your first attempt it's magnificent:clap: :clap:

marie_d
07-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks Chris, not so sure about the colour I chose for the board. The next one is going to be on black board and I have a couple in mind for royal blue board. The hardest part was working out which colours to use. Will post them when I have completed them.
Marie:)

Jakeally
07-05-2007, 01:10 PM
That's the hardest choice for me too ... choosing the palette:rolleyes: :D
Looks perfect to me and I really look forward to seeing your next attempts:thumbsup:

inkmonkey
07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Marie,

what a beautiful piece. I love the gouache on the red card stock and it makes the gold pop.

Kudos

InkMonkey

marie_d
07-24-2007, 04:12 AM
Thank you for your comments Inkmonkey, glad you like them.
I buy the board from my local art shop, they bag up their off cuts from mount cuttings and sell them for 50p a bag. They are an ideal size for what I want them for. I usually end up with about 8/10 different coloured pieces. The next letters I try are going to be on dark green and one on dark blue.
Its a change from painting and drawing and I am really enjoying doing it.

The Dabbler
07-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh Marie! THAT IS PERRRTY, love your choice of colors.