PDA

View Full Version : Another Energetic Baby, No.90

mitrm
07-03-2007, 07:56 AM
Hello guys, here comes a new work. All visitors of mine on other forum said the colors look fine and the composition is great, so i can't help but wonder: is that the best I can do? It would be nice to get an honest criticism instead of compliment for a change, thanks.

ian

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jul-2007/109392-EB90_415x600.jpg

wiscojaydub
07-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Excellent digi! No one can tell how far anyone can go except for themselves! Welcome to ab/cont. forum, keep em coming!

idylbrush
07-03-2007, 11:03 AM
I sometimes find it trying to look at one work and make any kind of thought work. I thank you for having your link to the website. I am finding the entire series very strong and the colors palette is calm but powerful and the work has a great deal of power and strength.

IMHO, I like these works and this one is no exception.

it'sALLart
07-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Very early 20's Euro or Russian flavor to this... nice strong geometric.

my only crit would be to perhaps bring a small bit of the hot orange into the top somehow to help the eye travel over the design and balance the color weight more.

NHyde
07-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, I was going to give you a compliment, but I'll keep it to myself. ;)

Hello guys, here comes a new work. All visitors of mine on other forum said the colors look fine and the composition is great, so i can't help but wonder: is that the best I can do? It would be nice to get an honest criticism instead of compliment for a change, thanks. ian

Jeff Rage
07-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Sorry, but I'm going to have to give you a compliment! I like the colors you have chosen for this. I checked out your site, and I like this whole series!

veedubya
07-03-2007, 07:58 PM
It would be nice to get an honest criticism instead of compliment for a change, thanks.

Oh, Bummer! Another compliment. This is really neat. Maybe the center of interest is too close to the top, but isn't that an acceptable choice? I like your series. Each piece has its own zen. I think this works well.

mitrm
07-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow thank you all for the feedback!

@it'sALLart - don't know anything about the Russian flavor, but I will do some online research later on. As for bringing some orange to the top, hm... I need some time to figure that out.

@veedubya - maybe you're right about the center being too close to the top, I will review my work and see what I can do.

@others - thanks for the greeting and complimenting, I will check out everyone's websites at my leisure.

ian