PDA

View Full Version : first calligraphy project

marie_d
07-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone, I joined a calligraphy class a couple of months ago. This is my first practise piece. Its done on Daler Rowney Textura A4 cartridge pad, pens used were an iM nib Platignum and a 2.4 Pilot Parallel pen. The coloured pencils are Derwent Inktense.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2007/102905-calligraphy_poppy.jpg

Any comments or suggestions please.

Marie:)

LifeOfArt
07-04-2007, 10:39 AM
This peice is just beautiful. I like it. :thumbsup: You did a really good job with it. I do see a little roughness on the "H". But other than that. It looks good.

marie_d
07-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks Tracey, I agree with you on the 'H' couldn't get the flourish like I wanted it. Was hoping to get a bit of the Uncial learned with Brian, but he still hasn't replied to your last post, hope he is OK.

LifeOfArt
07-04-2007, 01:17 PM
I have always wanted to learn Calligraphy. And I thought that I could learn some from Brian. But since he was doing that project a few months ago. I haven't seen any post from him. I check it daily. I to, hope he is ok. And will post soon. I have been looking for books on how to do Calligraphy. But can't seem to find any. Maybe I am not looking in the right place.:confused:

marie_d
07-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Have you tried the local library, I have had quite a few books out over the past several weeks and have photo copied or scanned the 'hands' that I liked. I like gothic as well as uncial but there is such a variation in each book that I only chose the ones I prefered. You can also find ideas for projects etc.