PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think?

archang3l
07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Hello im new here at WetCanvas and I thought i might post some of my calligraphy on here and get some criticism and maybe some comments :):):) Anyway i did this earlier this year for a fine arts contest with other schools. Tell me what ya think! Oh and just fyi i lost :mad: but our whole school got cheated in the art part cause in the musical sections we killed :clap:

Jakeally
07-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Well I think you got cheated too. You did really well with this. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will be more successful in the future:)

archang3l
07-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Thx Chris I really appreciate your response and yeah I do think i got cheated. My whole school does lol. Well anyway i think a lot of people judge calligraphy now a days by the presentation rather than the lettering. (the person that won at the competition had quilting on and i think that is why it won) But dont get me wrong I love the presentation of some calligraphy but calligraphy means beautiful writing not beautiful presentation with a little lettering

I just wish i could do really nice presentation things i just dont have time to practice that much. I have to many things going on for a 15 yr old lol. Actually not really that much.....just dont have a time set aside each day like i should.