PDA

View Full Version : July Pastel Strokes

CM Neidhofer
07-01-2007, 08:01 PM
July Pastel Strokes
Welcome to the July 2007 edition of PASTEL STROKES! Those who participated in previous months already know the guidelines. For all newbies, they are as follows:

An individual volunteering to host the monthly project proposes to a guide or a moderator a new photo reference near the beginning of the month.
The guide or moderator approves the host and reference photo and the selected host posts the project in Pastel Talk and also threads in the Soft Pastel and Oil Pastel forums with links to the Pastel Talk project link.
Interested participants, create a painting from the photo and upload it to this thread for discussion.
The image may be cropped, rearranged, and interpreted in any manner! Use different effects in your software program and try painting something different, tweak the color, add or subtract things! This is a friendly chance to share the creative venture. Feel free to have some fun!
You can paint as many versions as you like and they can be any size.
Both oilies and softies are invited to play.

Here is your photo reference for July! This was taken at the butterfly conservatory on Mackinaw Island, Michigan. I am happy to be hosting this month's Pastel Strokes. Enjoy, and happy painting!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2007/40633-Butterfly_2_Ref.JPG

Christine

AnnieA
07-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Oh my, Christie! What a beautiful, stunning photo!!! I predict a slew of gorgeous paintings from it!

Thanks so much for hosting this month! :)

LJW
07-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Wonderful colours, terrific photo. Thanks for volunteering for July, Christine. Jane

CM Neidhofer
07-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Annie and Jane, you're very welcome. I've been meaning to paint this for some time, so here's my opportunity as well! Glad you like it.

Christine

bogbeast
07-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Great picture, and thanks for hosting this month! I won't make any promises about painting it, tho I certainly would like to (my goal for the month is to paint--anything!)...but I will at least participate by watching!

Libby

CM Neidhofer
07-01-2007, 11:18 PM
I know you have your hands full, Libby. Observing is just as important. I've certainly done my share of it here. Of course, feel free to jump in if you find you have a few to spare! :thumbsup:

Christine

Tracy Lewis
07-02-2007, 12:27 AM
WOAH! I was looking for colourful and different to my norm. You've found it for me. Great pic. Not going to rush into it though, must buy some new printer ink first.

Dougwas
07-02-2007, 03:01 AM
Great photo Christine. Count me in. I just purchased a DVD on painting flowers so the timing is right. Thanks for hosting.

Doug

alija1001
07-02-2007, 04:34 AM
Looking forward to seeing everyones impressions of this.

Pat Isaac
07-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Wonderful photo, Christine. The color is eye stopping. Thanks so much for hosting this month.

Pat

RooGal
07-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Wow Christine, what a fabulous photo. I hope I can do the colours justice.

Cheers,
Pam

Pabs
07-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Good grief Missus - what am I doing here? Last month a dog, now a butterfly, crikey, it's all learn, learn, learn here. But count me in, I'll get on with it and submit as soon as it's done.
Thanks for the hosting Christy.
Regards,
Pabs

tyree
07-02-2007, 04:04 PM
beautiful photo!!! thanks for taking time to be our hostess!!!! tyree :thumbsup:

pequan
07-02-2007, 07:25 PM
what a gorgeous photo, yes I WANT to do this one....thanks so much for sharing it with us, and hosting this month..

lovelyepona
07-03-2007, 12:40 AM
K Where do I post to get some help? I am a tad stuck now.

lovelyepona
07-03-2007, 04:40 AM
Okay I have gotten this much done. Here is my issue. I have only done one other drawing using these oil pastels. I haven't a clue how to blend them and since I only have 36 I have to blend to get the proper colors. What am I doing wrong? I also am having a problem doing really small details. How do I fix this?

Pat Isaac
07-03-2007, 07:21 AM
That is a very nice start. You can blend with a tool that is called a color shaper (firm), or tortillions (paper stumps) or just your fingers. I use those a lot. Regular prismacolor pencils will work for details and Walnut Hollow puts out an oil pencil. Just yell if you need more help. I really like the vibrancy of your color.

Pat

LJW
07-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Your butterfly looks great. To modify a colour, apply another colour over top and then blend to whatever degree you want. Sometimes with oil pastels you have to let them 'set up' overnight to be able to add another layer. If you're using student quality OPs, they are waxy and do not blend as well as professional quality OPs. As Pat has mentioned, there are various tools that you can use for blending - I use Royal Sovereign colour shapers. For details, I use Walnut Hollow oil pencils, or Carbothello and Pitt pastel pencils. Hope this helps. Jane

CM Neidhofer
07-03-2007, 10:37 PM
You're off to a great start lovelyepona!! I'm glad Pat and Jane are here to help you. I've used oilies a time or two, but I'm certainly no expert with them. Thanks, Pat and Jane!!

Christine

Pabs
07-05-2007, 04:59 AM
That butterfly is looking really good. If you have managed that with a limited pallet and no experience, then you are not doing badly at all!! You must keep on with this work as it's the only way to learn, and the help from the rest of the pastel community is second to none. Take your time, and absorb the wealth of information that will come your way, and there will be no stopping you!!!!!
Regards,
Pabs

pequan
07-05-2007, 08:00 PM
what a great start you have going there, Lovely....very nice
Linda

Artsyme
07-06-2007, 01:45 PM
:wave: Hello everyone!
This is my first time posting in this forum- but I have participated in some WDE's. I loved working with your photo, Christine.
Here's my painting so far:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Jul-2007/95504-butterfly_002edit.jpg

Done on black Colourfix paper using Nupastels, Senneliers and Terry Ludwigs. 9X12.
Suggestions and comments welcome!

alija1001
07-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Beautiful. Very delicate Janet.

LJW
07-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Janet, welcome and what a wonderful interpretation of the scene. I love your soft background and your colour choices. Just beautiful. Jane

Pat Isaac
07-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Welcome, Janet. Lovely painting of this image. Nice strong color and I like your muted background.

Pat

LJW
07-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Here's my more whimsical approach to the butterfly (rather bright in comparison to Janet's beautiful colour scheme). It's Sennelier and Holbein oil pastels on grey-blue Colourfix 8" X 8 1/2". C & C welcome. Jane

CM Neidhofer
07-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Jane and Janet, how lovely!! Janet, I love the close up version. I was wondering how to handle the background and you've managed it beautifully! Great work both of you!

Christine

Pat Isaac
07-07-2007, 07:27 AM
Just great, Jane and I like the reptition of the yellow flowers.

Pat

Pabs
07-08-2007, 04:24 AM
Nice one's Janet and Jane!
Regards,
Pabs

RooGal
07-08-2007, 06:53 AM
:wave: G'day,
There are some wonderful submissions so far.

Lovelyepona - You're off to a great start. I don't use OP's but the colorshapers are really handy helpers. I have also found the use of a good magnifying glass helps as well. Looking forward to seeing your next post.

Janet - Lovely. I like how you did the center of the flower. Hope mine looks realistic like that.

Jane - I think the all yellow flowers make it a very cheerful piece. Nicely done!

I am hoping to post my rendition soon. I am currently working on the Allsorts painting from Diana Pontings class. I had procrastinated and put it off for so long that I finally decided to tackle it. Now I'm having so much fun working on it, I don't want to work on any other project. :lol:

Cheers,
Pam

alija1001
07-08-2007, 08:59 AM
Great pictures Janet and Jane. They look very delicate.

Pabs
07-09-2007, 07:40 AM
OK - here's mine.
W&N softies on Derwent pastel paper book, A4 size, fixed with W&N fixative.
I'm not being childish but I don't like it, but at least I've had a go. The paper is horrible in my opinion, but I'm using it up to practice on. The subjecdt was good, but it just didn't come out right. Ah well - what's next????
Regards,
Pabshttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2007/103619-2007_Butterfly_01.jpg

alija1001
07-09-2007, 11:46 AM
:clap: Hi everyone I have just finnished my butterfly. I loved doing the flowers but got a bit bored after a while thats why it took me so long.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2007/78136-Butterfly.jpg :wave:

LJW
07-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Pabs, I can sympathize with your reaction. I wasn't all that happy with mine either, but I figured I've participated and that's what matters. I personally found this is a difficult subject. I like your colour scheme - the blue and yellow colours you used go well together.

Gill, you may have noticed with my version than I cheated and put in sky so that I wouldn't have to do so many flowers. :) Your wonderfully colourful butterfly takes center stage.

Jane

CM Neidhofer
07-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Pabs and Gill, you both did a great job. I personally find the subject a little daunting myself. I've had this photo for two years, and wanted to paint it for two years, and have put it off for two years!!! :o But I figured I would submit it here and that would at least give me a push to attempt it. You all are doing great and Jane is right. Participating is the biggest factor and hopefully we learn and grow from it. Thanks for posting your work.

Christine

Pat Isaac
07-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I agree that participating is the main objective. It often pushes many of us out of our comfort zone and the is good. Great job Pabs and Gill.
I hope to so this...

Pat

GaryNorthants
07-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi, enjoying everyone's work here and huge well done to all that have already posted their interpretations. Just my opinion but this seems a really difficult piece to tackle so much going on, so many shapes to sort out and no obvious perspective or light and shade to get started with. This is way out of my comfort zone, foliage, flowers etc. I suspect it's way beyond my present ability too but I'm determined to give it go though and it will be a late entry as I have a week off at the end of the month to get stuck in. Did I tempt fate last month when I said I dreaded a foliage subject? lol I'm already plotting and scheming on how to tackle it though and looking forward to going mad with all those bright colours.
Gary

Eirl
07-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Hi everybody. I have been missing since May due to very demanding and enjoyable garden projects. The Summer means digging and planting for me as well as taking pleasure *lots of sitting down* in the fruits of my labour. But coming here to-night to have a look I am hooked on that Butterfly so hope to have an offering ready before the end of the month. A few lovely drawings here already. Best wishes Elizabeth

beckyboo
07-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Christine- I absolutely love the photo and would love to participate! However, I'm in the middle of moving house, so I don't know whether I'll have time. Would really love to, though! In any case, I'll watch!

I also adore the paintings done- inspirational!
Rebecca

Pabs
07-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the support Jane, Chris and Pat - I really do apppreciate it all. It's one of the best things of WC! that help make it what it is; the fact that anyone can receive so much simply by taking part!!!
Like many people, I liked the photo and subject, but found it above my real level, but I had a go which is what counts. You live and learn. The paper will be resigned to sketching and practicing on, so it's back to Canson MT. I like my W&N softies - not everyone's choice I know, but they seem to be reasonable for me any my ability/level.
The flowers came out blue because of my limited palette, but I have ordered another 24 box, this time landscapes, thus gradually expanding my range of colours.
Have no fear of my non-participation - like the man says "I'll be back!"
Regards,
Pabs

pequan
07-10-2007, 05:15 PM
well I made an awful mistake....done with a mix of softies....I tried to paint this on dark green, scratchedup, suede mat board.... what a disaster, but it is done...I can't cover up the bright white and beige lines so they stay and madame butterfly is to dark and the list goes on..........I may actually try this on Wallis paper because I love the photo.....all critiques and all your help is always greatly appreciated.....

LJW
07-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Pequan, this is lovely. I really like the green background and the lines you refer to aren't obvious, except as stems. Your butterfly looks fine to me, the colour being a nice contrast to the brighter yellow of the flower. Jane

CM Neidhofer
07-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Pequan, I don't see a thing wrong with this!!! The colors in the butterfly are beautiful. I think it's a wonderful interpretation.

Christine

upast
07-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Some nice paintings already. I think I like Janet's best - the darker background works well. This is a beautiful photo. I couldn't resist having a go at it.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Jul-2007/7783-butterflycompressed.jpg

I like the color contrasts best in the photo. I don't like 'insecty' aspects of butterflies so I left out the proboscis and body of the butterfly,

LJW
07-11-2007, 09:55 AM
John, your background is beautiful. I love the loose handling of the purple flowers. Jane

Pabs
07-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Hey pequan and John, these two are both good for differing reasons.
Pequan, I love your background, it's perfect for setting off the main subject (the butterfly), and I think complements it perfectly. I can't see any lines etc on my screen, so nothing is detracting.
John, I love your flowers as they look so natural and fresh. The mixture of the foilage is very well done and enhances the overall scene.
Regards,
Pabs

pequan
07-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Alija and Pabs, nice job....both or you.....suggesting you both try Wallis paper and make your lives so much easier....blending is easier, colors go down so much smoother, good paper means so much!!............laughing because I used that darn sueded mat board and can't do a thing with it.....LOL....(it's so much easier on the other side looking in isn't it????)
Great Job John, really nice rendition....

Pabs
07-12-2007, 04:40 AM
Thanks Pequan. I have not done any indepth searching for Wallis paper in England, maybe they sell it, maybe they don't. I'll have to look.
I've just used my first piece of Art Spectrum Colourfix and it's just wonderful - once I get used to not letting anything else stick to it!!! Perhaps I'll use up my Canson Mt for practice or trying stuff out, then use the Spectrum for my "better" (?) work, as I try to source some Wallis.
Regards,
Pabs

upast
07-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Pabs, You can obtain Wallis paper in the UK from Jackie Simmonds:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201886

I got some last year, but I didn't like it. The white colour put me off - I like to work on darker backgrounds and she didn't have any of the darker stuff in stock (Belgian Mist I think it's called). I tried painting it with acrylic, but that didn't work too well. I use Canson mostly, but the butterfly was the first I tried on Burgundy Colourfix, and I liked the surface. I had previously tried velour-type surfaces (Royal Sovereign Pastelboard, I think it was called, and didn't like that either. BTW, Wallis paper is very expensive - a pad with 8 sheets 18"x12" cost me 25 if I remember correctly and postage on top of that,

Pabs
07-12-2007, 07:47 AM
Thanks John, I've just "Googled" and it brought up Jackie.
25 is way too expensive for me, but maybe not so if you can sell work for 500 a go. PLEASE NOTE- I'm not having a pop at anyone, just being honest!!
CMT is the local paper on sale here, plus I've just tried my first sheet of Colourfix which I think is awesome. Perhaps I'll use the CMT for practice and the Colourfix for anything I really want to have a go at.
Once again, thanks for the info.
Regards,
Pabs

lacey sprocket
07-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Haven't had time to get to this yet, but I just poped in to see what everyone had come up with and WOW! Such a variety of lovely work!

MSusie
07-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Lovely photo to work with ... thanks Christine. Amazing how different the compositions are turning out. Lot's of wow factor. Wonderful work!

Marie

MSusie
07-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Pequan,
Saw your comment to Alija and Pabs about using Wallis paper. What is the secret to using Wallis paper? I've tried it and have a terrible time, my colors turn to mud or just plain doen't look right. However, I have great success on Colourfix. I'd love to be able to use the Wallis paper as I've heard so many people praise it. I use a mix of Sennelier, Nupastel and Faber. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!!

Marie

pequan
07-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey Marie: I don't know if there is a secret to the Wallis paper! I tried Cansun and couldn't do squat with it, then went right to the Wallis....... I have tried that new stuff and like I said, I can't blend with that, I get mud if I use my fingers.....just can't seem to blend at all on that, but Wallis, I can blend anytime, anywhere, with anything and keep colors bright and alive...you can wash the paper, brush off any mistakes and it seems to hold endless amounts of pastels...the only time I find mud on Wallis is when I use way to many layers, or just work the paper to much......

ANGHWAR
07-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Hi everyone

This is my first post to Pastel Strokes and I had a lot of fun with this one, please forgive my horrid composition:o (probably broke every rule in the book :lol: ) It was done on Red Fabriano Ingres (ugh) 13 x 10 pastel stock I brought from South Africa, no idea as to brand.

I would like to say to all who posted, what wonderful work you produced, I love the diversity of the paintings.

Happy Painting
Anghwar

Selahs art
07-19-2007, 02:42 AM
Hi Angwar, nice work love it
My first post to the pastel strokes too worse my first try at oil pastels...

not the best one I've ever done but yet here it is...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2007/94287-butterfly_Oil_Pastel__1.JPG

don't really know if I like it but I used free cheapies so will have to go out and get better ones before I decide....
advice welcome and comments....

Retha:wave:

ANGHWAR
07-19-2007, 03:57 AM
Pereltjie

Thank you for your kind words.

For a first with oil pastels you did remarkable work and that with limited palette AND student grade, well done!

Anghwar

artastic
07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
anghwar; what a wonderful bright painting (cannot seem to get my pastels that bright)
everyone has done such a great job:
here is my humble posting

it is SP and some pencils on black Strathmore Artagain

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jul-2007/104250-july_strokes.jpg

how can I brighten this up?

Pat Isaac
07-19-2007, 08:51 AM
That is a beautiful piece, anghwar, and I like the crop.
First OP, Retha, very nice. I like the misty watercolor feel.
Nice format for this piece artastic. Maybe you need more layers as it is on black paper.

Pat

LJW
07-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Anghwar, I think your composition works very well and the colour of your butterfly is beautiful.
Perel, very nice work with your cheap OPs. Great colours swirled in the background and your butterfly is well defined, so you don't seem to have had any trouble using them. I think you should try some better quality OPs, since you've done so well with your first attempt.
Artastic, I really like your overall design, and your butterfly and flower are very well drawn.
Jane

ANGHWAR
07-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Bonnie,Pat and Jane

Thank you for your words of encouragement, glad you like the crop, I started the painting when I was hungry (I know I was hungry because I kept reaching for the bag of potato chips :lol:) and said we will call this painting Feeding Time, so had to zoom in on the eating part :lol: (not sure where the eating happens, is it the top or the bottom of the probiscus (sp)

Bonnie

I like the format you used on your painting too.

I mostly used : Pale Yellow, Medium Yellow, Cad Yellow light and some Cad Yellow medium for the flower, and for the butterfly: Orange, Red Orange, Vermillion, Coral, Raw Sienna, Terra Cotta - for the black I used a combination purple, ultramarine, crimson and some black these are only a guess at the colors but as you can see I am daring when using pastel color, funny when I do other stuff I am afraid to use color and everything comes out blah.

Happy Painting
Anghwar

Pabs
07-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Angwar - great job. A very lively, vibrant piece. I love the close-upness of this; I got myself stuck and bogged-down with doing the whole thing (again, I should have known by now), but the beauty of a good close-up makes things so much better.
Artastic - I'd go along with what Pat has suggested, try a brighter coloured paper as your base, it really does help liven things up.
Regards,
Pabs

ANGHWAR
07-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Thank you pabs glad you like it, to tell the truth ALL those purple flowers just looked like a mammoth task and I felt it was too busy and I was too lazy.
Anghwar

CM Neidhofer
07-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh my...these are ALL beautiful!!! I'm still trying to get to mine. Had unexpected company this week on my days off. Have to get on it soon!! I love all the different interpretations. Great job everyone! :clap: :clap:

Christine

CM Neidhofer
07-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Anghwar, I really like the close crop. Sure solves the background problem! Very nice!

Christine

ANGHWAR
07-21-2007, 02:36 AM
Thank you Christine and also for supplying this subject, I had so much fun with it.

Anghwar

Selahs art
07-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Perel, very nice work with your cheap OPs. Great colours swirled in the background and your butterfly is well defined, so you don't seem to have had any trouble using them. I think you should try some better quality OPs, since you've done so well with your first attempt.
Jane

Thanks,
wont make up my mind about doiing oil pastels until I've tried some quality ones...

and have more colours.

CM Neidhofer
07-24-2007, 09:09 PM
How's everyone doing with this month's project? I just started mine today, so I'll probably be just under the wire posting it for this month. Summertime seems to bring a lot of other things to do on my days off instead of painting! I'll work on it more tomorrow and maybe be able to finish tomorrow. Hope you all are enjoying working on this.

Christine

Pabs
07-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Christie - you've had some great responses to this, and a great reference to get everyone started
You've done yourself proud!!!
Thanks.
Regards,
Pabs

Pat Isaac
07-25-2007, 08:15 AM
I have this image saved and I know I can't do anything until I get settled in my new studio, so my OPs are on hold until September. Thanks for doing this month's PS, Christine.

Pat

MSusie
07-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Linda,
Thanks for the info. I realized after reading your comments I may be over working the paintings. I'm not quite used to using the softer Sennelier pastels on the Wallis and that is where I seem to be getting into trouble. Appreciate your comments!

Anghwa, Retha and Bonnie ... very nice work!

Marie

ANGHWAR
07-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Thank you Marie, glad you like it.

Kim Bolick
07-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Thank you, Christine, for hosting this month. It's a beautiful photo, and there have been a lot of really nice paintings. I love to see all the different interpretations. Here's mine, done with soft pastels on white sketch paper.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2007/99279-PastelStrokesJuly07small.jpg

artastic
07-25-2007, 10:28 PM
I did the butterfly again , this time on buff colored mi-tentes
again with SP and some pencils
I have merged the two to compare

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jul-2007/104250-my_july_strokes2.jpg

I think I am blended out, so it still needs some work
thanks for the challenge

upast
07-26-2007, 08:57 AM
A friend saw my painting yesterday and liked it so much she bought it! Thanks again for supplying the beautiful photo, Christine,

LJW
07-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Kim, I like the contrast between your butterfly and the blue background - it makes the butterfly really stand out. Bonnie, it's interesting to see what a difference the paper colour made - the second is much brighter. I like both versions. John, congratulations on your sale. And thanks, Christine, for hosting July. Jane

Pat Isaac
07-26-2007, 04:08 PM
More great pieces and congratulations on the sale, John.

Pat

pequan
07-26-2007, 10:05 PM
way to go John....

CM Neidhofer
07-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Very nice work Kim and Bonnie. Bonnie, I like both versions. The black support makes the painting very dramatic. The buff color a very bright, high key piece. Both with their own merits.

And congratulations, John, on the sale of your piece!

Christine

GaryNorthants
07-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Great paintings everyone. I am now off for a few days and will start this tomorrow. Just get it in before the month ends lol Still dreading the flowers and foliage.....
Thanks for hosting Christy, your choice of subject has inspired some lovely works.
Gary

GaryNorthants
07-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Well I finally got around to doing it. Gallery semi hard pastels and a couple of pencils on the butterfly wings, about 14 inches square on canvas primed with pastel ground. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/106728-Butterfly.jpg

ANGHWAR
07-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Gary

This looks great, love the way your flowers hug the subject.

Anghwar

Pat Isaac
07-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Very nice, Gary. I like the feeling of light that you have on this.

Pat

LJW
07-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Lovely butterfly, Gary and an interesting, almost tapestry-like effect with the background purple flowers. Jane

CM Neidhofer
07-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Very nice work, Gary. The butterfly looks very 3-D, almost popping right off the support. :thumbsup:

Christine

Selahs art
07-30-2007, 12:14 AM
Well I finally got around to doing it. Gallery semi hard pastels and a couple of pencils on the butterfly wings, about 14 inches square on canvas primed with pastel ground. :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Jul-2007/106728-Butterfly.jpg

Gary

I really think this is well done
Its got a softness to it.
and your flowers compliments the butterfly backgroundwise.

you deserve:clap::clap:

CM Neidhofer
07-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Hi all. I am trying to get my painting finished in time to post tomorrow. I worked on it a little today but got a late start. Spent most of the night and this morning on the couch with a bottle of Alleve! Very bad back ache that seemed to radiate from just above my stomach around to the sides and back. The air conditioning at work has been cranked full speed lately and very cold in the cahiers' cage, blowing on our backs at either end of the counter. I think it was just a matter of frozen muscles! Feeling better now, but it's already 6 p.m. and I haven't accomplished much today. Hoping tomorrow is better and I can finish up and post my work here. If not, maybe I can at least put up a WIP and post the finished piece later. Not a very good hostess if I can't manage to get my own work posted. :( Anyway, I'll keep plugging. Everyone's work here is wonderful so far! :clap:

Christine

RooGal
08-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Oi! sorry I am so late on this, I have been preoccupied with another project. I'm quite dissappointed with my butterfly and flower, but I wanted to get something submitted. Can I blame it on the paper? I think maybe I should only paint flowers from a distance, say a kilometer or so.
Thanks again for hosting Christine.

Cheers,
Pam

GaryNorthants
08-13-2007, 10:27 PM
I think maybe I should only paint flowers from a distance, say a kilometer or so.

I could not agree more, what a fab idea especially if I could stand behind you, would be perfect for me too :)

Not suggesting you need to but what a great solution for me lol You know what I mean I hope. That cracked me up
Kindest regards
Gary