PDA

View Full Version : First acrylic since high school....

MadMaddy
06-27-2007, 11:27 PM
This is the first acrylic I have done in about 15 years, also the first time I have ever done anything so large. It is a picture for my sister, who requested something sort of impressionist or post-impressionist. It has been a bit of a stretch for me since I am used to more realistic renderings. It is 36" X 60" gallery wrapped canvas using W & N Finity paint. the photo is a bit darker then the picture. I was trying to take it indoors at night so not the best conditions. maybe i will try tomorrow outside to see if i can get a better one.

Thanks for looking.

Linee
06-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Nice mix of complementary blues and golds, reds and greens. I like the way my eye wants to move around the painting. Well done! I'd like to see it again, if you can get a day-time shot.

C_Line
06-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Delighted to have you here Lara and your painting is very stylish. Please do take a daytime shot for us...and if you can also take one on your easel or wall so we can appreciate the magnificent scale, that would be super!

speedrolius
06-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Very cool painting! I love the colors, and the depth. (The eye isn't stopped by unrealistic steps into the background.) Very interesting and eye-catching!

MadMaddy
06-28-2007, 12:08 AM
I am taking this with me on a road trip to Denver on Friday. Visiting my sister and delivering her painting to her. I will take a picture once it is up on her wall if we get it hung by the time i leave. It is going in her dining room behind her very long table. It will be interesting transporting something this size but we are driving a van and it will be hanging paint side up in some bungee cords attached to the ceiling of the van. that way it won't be under foot or anything. I wasn't particularly fond of the idea of shipping it, or at least shipping it where i could afford the shipping costs. :eek:

thanks for the nice comments and will be posting a better photo tomorrow.

plec
06-28-2007, 04:18 AM
Nice painting the interplay of the dark and light areas works really well.
Best wishes, Ken..

jan409
06-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Very nice, and I am sure your sister will love it. I love the colors and the movement of the painting. Jan

Jon
06-28-2007, 09:07 AM
A thoughtful gift. I like the feel of being in the shade and looking into the light.
I love the bungee cord idea!

idcrisis55
06-28-2007, 09:18 AM
I enjoyed seeing your painting and know your sister will be thrilled with it. I look forward to see a photo of it hanging on her wall.

TxAggieDarlin
06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Looks good. It is different but very likeable

MadMaddy
06-28-2007, 04:13 PM
well i tried to take some photos outside and it is an overcast sort of day here, but the photo still doesn't quite show all the detail. it is tough to get that size of a canvas in a shot with a small canon elph camera. When i get it to denver, my sister has an EOS rebel with some nice lenses that might do better. Meanwhile this is an improvement over the last one.

Thanks again for looking and any comments welcome.

Lady Carol
06-28-2007, 09:24 PM
The outside photo is better. You have highlights in the dark areas and that I can see. It is a lovely piece, quite whimsical

idylbrush
06-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Major difference with the second shot. Lovely, had to come back to it several times. I like the darkened foreground and the way the light is playing on the field. It has a sunny disposition and a grand overtone.

Nicely done. Keep showing us more please.

Welcome to the Acrylics Forum.

Linee
06-28-2007, 10:18 PM
That's some beautiful color!

Haptopaint
06-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Lovely painting, I like the colors that you have chosen. I am sure your sister will treasure your painting !
SALLY

MadMaddy
06-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Thank you all very much. It was fun to paint as it was different for me and the color was so exuberant. My husband wants a picture for his office and is interested in something with a similar style, so who knows, maybe I am on to something. :)

edtree
06-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Beautiful!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Lara...your sister will love this and treasure it forever! I can see why your husband wants one of your paintings for his office. :D

Elizabeth

ms.jennamarie
06-29-2007, 06:54 PM
im really loving the colors and the interesting tree branches. why did you ever stop painting!!!??? :)

MadMaddy
07-12-2007, 11:52 AM
Well here is my painting hanging on the wall. It took a while to get this posted, sorry for the delay. I ended up with sick with the flu when we got home from my sisters. The trip with a painting bungee corded overhead was interesting but it worked out well. We all arrived in good shape. My sister was thrilled with the picture and she is now planning on spending a small fortune in decor to match as she was waiting on the picture to hang curtains etc.

Thanks for looking,

idcrisis55
07-12-2007, 12:52 PM
It looks outstanding.

Linee
07-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Looks elegant! I'd love to see a picture of her dining room after decorating, too. Don't feel you have to, though. I just love seeing peoples' decor styles, and your painting is such a beautiful spring board.

NDee
07-13-2007, 10:34 PM
This is really quite good. The light in the background and the detail in the trees and roots are so nice. I'd love to see a larger version of this.