PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher June 25 - July 1

Pat Isaac
06-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Good morning everyone,

Wow, I just wrote July!! My church had a lobster luncheon on Saturday and had an exhibit of my work. It was very nice and well attended and I actually sold some things, much to my surprise. A painting, prints and many notecards. I have kept all that I brought there at home in anticipation of a move to another studio at the end of the summer or before. Need to collect boxs for all the books...:eek:
Everyone welcome our new guide, Jane....It will be great to have more eyes.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

hopalong
06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Pat, congrats on your church sales! How wonderful to have your work supported.

Good luck with your move. Did I miss something? Have you found a spot?

Pat Isaac
06-25-2007, 09:40 AM
No, we haven't found anything yet, but a group of us are taking a tour of 2 local buildings on Wednesday in the hopes that one or the other will be suitable. The handwriting is on the wall and we will have to leave soon. Most of us are hoping to be settled by the beginning of the fall.

Pat

LJW
06-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Congratulations, Pat, on the sales at the church luncheon. When we moved here, we went through all our books and donated a bunch to the library, but we still have four full floor-to-ceiling shelves of them and I keep buying more North Light books. I expect it will be a big job moving your studio, so it makes sense to start preparations now. Jane

Pat Isaac
06-25-2007, 09:50 AM
It will be, as I have been there for 10 years and I just tend to accumulate more and more....so I am going to start heaving over the next few months.

Pat

AnnieA
06-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Best wishes with your hunt for a new building, Pat. Did you ever look into the idea of foundation grants for the purchase of a building to act as a community art center? (It might take too much time to pull that together before you have to leave, though.) I don't envy you the move; it's always so chaotic to move - boxes all over and so much heavy lifting. I hope you have others do most of it for you.

I realized that I had read but not responded to a couple of posts from last week's Gusher. I want to thank Pat, Angela, and especially Jane, whose remarks were particularly gracious, for their congrats on my anniversary here. Thanks! :)

Pat Isaac
06-25-2007, 04:40 PM
Yes, Annie, the artist who has taken it upon himself (thank heavens, as it is wonderful for us) to look around the area for buildings was initially thinking maybe we should get grants and think about buying a building. However, there is so much involved with this, that most of us just want space and an organization. We are not ready to do that kind of venture. He has started a bank account and will be accepting donations for some future time.
I'll know more when we tour buildings on Wednesday.
Thanks, Annie, you are a huge asset to this forum, and all of the pastel forum.

Pat

LJW
06-26-2007, 11:06 AM
It's predicted to be 92 degrees here today and humid. Since our log house is only air conditioned on the ground floor, my upstairs studio will get pretty hot. I think I'll take my Senneliers downstairs to keep them cool. My computer is also on the second floor, so I probably won't check in again till after supper. Hope everyone in the Northern Hemisphere is enjoying nice summer weather. I guess Rebecca is in the middle of winter now. Jane

Pat Isaac
06-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Same here, Jane and I decided that today I really needed to do garden work. Lots of weeds. So that's where I am out in the sun in the garden. I really do love the summer, but will probably be happy for the AC later.

Pat

Pat Isaac
06-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, on the hottest most humid day so far, a bunch of us toured 2 buildings. I thought we did quite well climbing 4 flights of stairs in each place..:eek:
The first building which is just down the stree from where we are really isn't suitable. A very claustrophobic feel and very dirty, with tons of clutter everywhere. The other building in the next town is quite nice, wood floors, clean, windows that open. It would have to be broken up into spaces to meet each artists needs. The owner is on vacation and when he comes back next week we hope to get a price from him. This is a good possibility.
Still very hot and humid, so I stayed home and cought up on mail and paper work and ugh...housework. My OPs did not like the weather yesterday. Tomorrow should be better.

Pat

AngelaF
06-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Coming in late, a busy week of a couple of lunches with friends (very nice) and continuing redeco. Pat, your lobster luncheon/exhibit sounds so great -- congratulations on the sales and interest in your work! I am glad you are making progress with the studio building hunt. Cleaning out the clutter sounds like me and my house, ugh.

I got to paint some Sat. Sun. and Monday night. It is the OP I was doing of a dog, I would say it is about 3/4 or more done. Hope to work on it this weekend and I would like to get to the dog on the pastel strokes -- will see. I am stalled on work here due to inability to move furniture -- the handy man has disappeared -- I need to call him through the first guy, but he didn't come when he said he would. I went to another store for flooring -- and think I have found something more suitable for both the great room and the bedroom studio. I need to get the room in the studio done so I can get some stuff out of the great room and finish it.

Take care all, Angela

Pat Isaac
06-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Lunches with friends are always nice, glad you had a chance to do that and to paint. Looking forward to seeing your painting.
Remodeling is often a very long drawn out process especially when you are depending on others for some of the work. good luck, Amgela and I hope it continues to move forward.
Cooler weather today, so I'm going to the studio and hope mu OPs behave.

Pat

LJW
06-29-2007, 11:34 AM
Angela, glad that you have had some painting and leisure time. Pat, I've returned my OPs to my upstairs studio today because it's cooler here too. I'm hoping to get started on a tree portrait, but I want to spend some time in the garden as well. Jane

Pat Isaac
06-29-2007, 05:07 PM
I did get quite a bit done in my studio today, but didn't finish anything as I was interrupted a few times to discuss other building options.
This weekend is devoted to gardening with the cooler weather, the weeds are taking over...:eek: That should free me up for a good studio day on Monday.
Looking forward to your tree, Jane.

Pat