PDA

View Full Version : Help from mods

maggie latham
06-25-2007, 07:18 AM
:wave: Hello,
Can one of the moderators (or somebody who knows how) move seleeniís work to a new thread for the start of our weekly gouache/casein/tempera sketch thread, please?
Can any one tell me how we (I donít mind if no one else wants to do it) can host this every week, and what is required, please?
Maggie

Mary Woodul
06-25-2007, 07:40 AM
Hi Maggie! I am not the Mod here but I know Judy (Pinkrybns) is away and I think Eileen is also. I will try to help you this with. In the D/S forum they have a weekly drawing thread that is started each week buy several members taking turns. They pick a reference weekly and the one hosting it watches it and tries to comment on each piece entered although those in the thread always C&C also. Here is a link so you can see an example. This one just started this morning but you can go over there and se previous ones.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428912

Threads like these are usually made stickies but that would for Judy or Eileen to decide.

I'll move seleeni's work right now.:)

maggie latham
06-25-2007, 07:49 AM
:cat:
Mary,
Thank you for your response. I participate in the pastel weekly sketch, and quite often that is kept open to subject matter. Do you think we have enough interest in the Gouache forum?
Iím getting my paints out right now!
Maggie

Mary Woodul
06-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Maggie I don't know this forum well enough to know about how active it is but I would wait and see how many are interested and it sounds like a good idea. I was just checking it while Judy and Eileen are away. Some forums are much slower than others by their nature but I think it is a good project. You can also take a look in the CP forum where there are two monthly projects and I don't think there is a problem with it being open subject matter.

I wish you luck with this.:thumbsup:

Old Tex
06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Mary! I've been checking every day for Judy as well, but glad you were watching. I would have just had to hit the "help" button, anyway.

Mary Woodul
06-25-2007, 10:57 AM
Your welcome Ralph, she should be back in about a week and I will be glad to help with anything that is needed, you can always PM me.