The Art Corner
06-25-2007, 01:21 AM
Hello everyone: This is a 9X12 Ludwigs, Unisons & Yarkas on AS Colourfix
C&C always welcome.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jun-2007/34631-0625070040.jpg

bluefish
06-25-2007, 07:07 AM
Since I live here, please allow me to comment as follows-

clouds and boat - just as I see them everyday - beautiful colors, proportions, life like!

water - I've never seen the 'bay' this dark blue color - it can be a muddy, sandy color after heavy rains or an 'aqua' tropical color in the spring, before a lot of boat traffic - but never a dark blue

movement - the sailboat is stationary in the painting - needs some water defined movement

overall I love your work, just a few comments that I personally feel would improve this painting!

'bluefish':angel:

bluefish
06-25-2007, 07:10 AM
:angel:

Karen Margulis
06-25-2007, 07:47 AM
I LOVE your sky!!! Wonderful moody clouds!!

Karen

The Art Corner
06-25-2007, 08:44 AM
bluefish, thanks for your C&C it's very much appriciated. We missed you at IAPS. We sail out of Waretown. Karen, thanks for your kind words.

Mikki Petersen
06-25-2007, 11:06 AM
Well, since I don't know this bay, I think it's a great painting. The deep color of the water offsets the light clouds nicely.

Mikki

nana b
06-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Shoshana, I like your painting very much! You did a great job on the sails. They turn on the edges as they should and you executed the values really well. Happy painting!

nana b

The Art Corner
06-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Mikki & Nana thanks so much!!!

fiannah
06-25-2007, 04:12 PM
lovely painting of the barnaget bay! I agree that the water is a bit dark but the sky is great and the sail on the boat is awesome. I live here as well (Brick) and see the Bay everyday and in fact, i am doing an oil painting right now of the bay. Im sure i will do several in pastel as well this summer. Great job on this one! :clap:

bluefish
06-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Shoshana:

I'm right across the bay @ the 'light'!

There was a 'bluefish' @ IAPS ( well sort of - you had a beverage with him):lol:

Pat Isaac
06-25-2007, 05:11 PM
hey, Shoshana, here you are over with the softies. Lovely painting and I especially like the sky. I do tend to think that the water is too dark.
Hmmm.....a drink with 'bluefish'.....

Pat

The Art Corner
06-25-2007, 05:35 PM
Joni thanks I took a look at your website. Lovely Work!!! I especially like your Approaching Storm painting. bluefish, nice place there, I love walking at the lighthouse both summer and winter. Less traffic in the winter....LOL
You say we had a beverage together.....Hmmmm........Pat Hi there yes I'm back to my main medium for now. And I'll lighten up the water some, wishful thinking on the blue I guess.....Also I did add some light sea foam in the front and back of the boat for movement.

Orchidacea
06-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Shoshana, this has a liveliness that I find really appealing. The water may be too dark, given the color of the sky, but I love the lush way in which you've applied the pastel. You might want to soften the horizon just a bit. The sail is beautifully done--I like how you've almost got a lost edge near the top. I can just feel the wind and the cool water!

bruce johnson
06-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Love the sky Shoshana... the horizon looks a little wonky to me ... top job though...

The Art Corner
06-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks Kim & Bruce. Kim that lemon is really awesome!!!