PDA

View Full Version : positive feedback

coyote
05-13-2002, 03:04 PM
For the past 4 or 5 months I've been the Art Editor for our little local newspaper, which comes out monthly. Each month I interview a local artist, print a drawing from a kid under 18, run my own ad, and write a basic "how to draw" column. I was afraid that the column (called "Draw What You See") was way too boring and nobody was reading it. I do all this stuff on one 12"x12" page, so I don't have much space to go into great depth. Even my wife said my writing is too dry and technical and only people who are already artists would understand it.

But Saturday night, someone told me that they read my drawing column with great interest and actually LEARNED something! :eek: He said that he had heard people talk about gesture drawing before but never understood it 'til he read what I wrote. I was thrilled! It made it all seem worthwhile.

I just had to share that :rolleyes:

Rose Queen
05-13-2002, 03:39 PM
Congrats, coyote! Now how do those of us who aren't fortunate enough to take your local paper get to see your columns?

coyote
05-13-2002, 04:51 PM
Gee, Rose...I dunno :confused: I guess I could take a picture of the whole page and post it, but it probably wouldn't be legible. Actually, I think I'd be embarassed to have artists read the drawing column....I mean, it's REALLY elementary stuff that everyone here has heard a million times.

I'll take some pix tonight and show y'all what the page looks like.

Nancy Lee
05-15-2002, 11:41 AM
Congratulation's...... How nice for you. Isn't it neat when some one takes the time to give you a compliment...... and to know you really helped someone.

Good job........:clap:

BCNU,
Nancy

coyote
05-15-2002, 11:42 AM
OK, here's what my art page looks like this month. You can't read it, so don't strain your eyes trying. :cool:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-May-2002/page_shot.jpg

arlene
05-16-2002, 01:26 AM
its great getting recognition...keep it up!!

Karen Mc
07-27-2002, 01:12 PM
Congratulations. I think it's a real accomplishment to communicate concepts in a format that helps someone expand their understanding! I have been working on a newsletter for a few years and, realizing how difficult it is, have great admiration for people who contribute.

llis
07-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by coyote
Gee, Rose...I dunno :confused: I guess I could take a picture of the whole page and post it, but it probably wouldn't be legible. Actually, I think I'd be embarassed to have artists read the drawing column....I mean, it's REALLY elementary stuff that everyone here has heard a million times.

I'll take some pix tonight and show y'all what the page looks like.

Oh, I read that you said that your column is really elementary stuff and that is exactly what I need for the teacher's toolbox forum. Could I rope you into doing some elementary drawing lessons just like your column to help some of the teachers out there? It would be so great!!!

llis
07-27-2002, 03:11 PM
And YES, congratulations on a job well done. We are proud of you. :)