PDA

View Full Version : My Etsy banner

mixednut
06-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Ok I finally got off my butt and followed the advice I get here and I started an Etsy shop. I am happy with the banner but I figured I might get some opinions here and see if I should do something a little different. So if you have time please stop by and tell me what you think.
www.alvarezglass.etsy.com (http://www.alvarezglass.etsy.com)

killerbeedz1
06-20-2007, 01:23 AM
I really like your banner a lot, but I think you need better and brighter pictures of your beads.

gingery
06-20-2007, 05:31 AM
I agree with Patsy....I clicked on your beads & it's difficult to see the details of them. I think potential buyers will want to see them better. Best of luck!
ginger

LouiseI
06-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Your banner is really nice! It's fun, the only thing I would consider is maybe adding a drop shadow to the text or something to make it really pop out.

And yes to what Patsy and Ginger said about the bead pics. If you are using Photoshop there are lots of ways to easily brighten photos, but I think buyers will also want to see nice crisp photos and they are not always quite as easy to get.

Helen Simon
06-20-2007, 09:59 AM
I like your banner, dreamy blue! Why not try taking your pix in the shade? Works for me.:)
Do people really sell beads at etsy? Love, Helen

Elegance_1
06-20-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't know much about etsy but I wanted to comment on how thoughtful to add verbage about the beads being small and a possible choking hazzard. It is hard to tell from a picture the size of the bead. :thumbsup:

calumey
06-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I like your banner.

Cecilia, that's so weird, I remember saying "that's my sister's name" to you once. But I had no idea you were an Alvarez! We're Alvarez too.

Good luck in Etsy.

mixednut
06-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Patsy, Ginger and Louise thank you so much for your advice I am trying to get better at that. I think I will try your suggestion Helen and try the shade. I really apprciate you guys helping me. It is great to get other points of view.

Helen I am not sure yet I have just sold one but it was only listed for a day so I have hope. I figure it can't hurt.

Thanks guys for the compliaments too and the well wishes!

Barbara thanks I actually got the idea from other beaders and thought it was a good one.

And Cynthia I remember when we talked about that. That is just weird that our last names are the same too. I married into this name. But like I tell DH that was one of the reasons I married him is his name sound better than mine with my first name LOL!