PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time using tablet

Ghanima_Atreides
06-19-2007, 03:21 PM
For some reason when i try to draw using my tablet i can't keep my hand steady. The lines come out all jagged and choppy. i don't have this problem when I draw on paper though.I've been drawing with the tablet flat on my desk, should I tilt the tablet? could it be that the stylus is too thick?
any advice would be great.
TIA

Smokin
06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Jaggie lines from my experience comes from the brush used or the resolution of the canvase. Try a slightly soft edge brush and increase the resoultion of your canvase, size as well, and see if that helps.

GL

Elvira
06-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Also you could place a pice of paper on the table to give you more drag.
and the feel of pencil on paper.
Edie

edart
06-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Could also be that the resolution is too high, so your PC is having trouble keeping up?

Bytemebabs
06-20-2007, 07:46 AM
I have the same problem and none of the advise above helped me, so I went back to using the mouse. But I will be watching this thread to see if someone can help me too.

Ghanima_Atreides
06-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Could also be that the resolution is too high, so your PC is having trouble keeping up?
I doubt it, my pc has a dual processor and is configured specifically for graphic media and gaming.

I can run flash, photoshop, PSP and musicmatch jukebox without even a hiccup.

Try a slightly soft edge brush and increase the resoultion of your canvase, size as well, and see if that helps.

Also you could place a pice of paper on the table to give you more drag.
and the feel of pencil on paper.

Thanks, I think I'll try your suggestions. I really like the paper one. I looked at the Wacom site and they sell an actual ink pen stylus but it costs too much. Silly me never even considered putting paper on the tablet to get the feel of actual drawing.

Zazouse
06-21-2007, 10:20 PM
i use the ink pen stylus and i love

Wrichards
06-22-2007, 01:59 PM
it may be (and plz forgive me if this is too obvious) all it needs is to be calibrated again from the tablet software and also inside the program your using. I personaly favor the default white tip, I found the other tips either had a tiny "click" movement in them that drove me nuts or the "flow" of the stroke felt wierd, hope that makes sense.....

LadyAlba
06-22-2007, 02:59 PM
I agree with Wrichards make sure you have your program you are using the tablet in added to your tablet properties...if it isn't you will get lines that are not smooth. Also sometimes the drivers go corrupt and I have had to reinstall mine 2 times now. :wave: