PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pastel Show is up

Pat Isaac
06-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Please join our fellow Wet Canvas pastel forum members in viewing the most recent Oil Pastel Society Show. There were so many wonderful paintings submitted and Deborah Secor was the Juror. Make sure you view all 3 pages to see all the paintings.

http://www.oilpastelsociety.com/2007Show/emerginginfo.htm

Congratualtions to all the WC members who entered, especially to vitz(Virginia Tupper) for first prize, Pat Isaac for second prize and to Fishfan(Ed Brothers) and SandyKim(Stephanie Neely) for their honorable mentions. :clap: :clap:

Pat

LJW
06-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Congratulations to Pat, Ed, Stephanie, and Virginia for their awards - good going guys. :clap: :clap: :clap: We got to see wip's of both Pat's and Ed's winning paintings here in the OP forum, and Stephanie has also posted several terrific wips recently. It's great to have such talented OP artists showing us examples of their work. So congratulations and thanks for sharing. Jane

AnnieA
06-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Congrats to Pat Issac, fishfan (Ed Brothers), Sandy Kim (Stepahanie Neely), and vitz (Virginia Tupper) for their successful entries! :clap::clap::clap:

Pat: The "Blue Glass" painting is really outstanding - it's one of my favorites of yours!

I mentioned in the other thread about the OPS show (in Pastel Talk), that juror Deborah Christensen Secor must have had a very difficult time judging this show, as there are so many beautiful paintings that were entered, many of which were submitted by our own OP forum members!

Pat Isaac
06-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Thanks, Annie and Jane.

Pat

AngelaF
06-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Congratulations Pat, Ed, Stephanie and Virginia -- well deserved by all!!! Angela

laika
06-16-2007, 11:32 PM
wow! what a concentration of talent we have here!

congrats to all. it's a shame you couldn't all be First Place somehow :-)

vltz
06-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Thank you all.

I think that all the work was great--congratulations everyone!
:wave:
V

rmc
06-18-2007, 08:26 AM
I so enjoyed the fantastic work posted in the show - congratulations to all and especially to the Pat, Virginia, Ed and Stephanie.

sundiver
06-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Fabulous!!!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2005/33616-28847-9813-klap_klap.gif

Sandy K
06-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Congratulations to the winners and also to all the submitted entries. Winners, all of them.

Haven't had a chance to explore much in the OP's. My grandson was born on the 14th of June. Has been in intensive care and probably will be there for another couple weeks so I have been doing lots of driving to and from the hospital. Just got out of the hospital the first of June myself after having a stent put in. I guess it isn't a good time for my family right now....lol...

Pat Isaac
06-18-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear that all is not well for you. I hope the stent is working and that your grandson will be home soon. ((hugs))

Pat

hopalong
06-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Congrats to all the winners and all the entrants!!!! Long Live Oil Pastels!
I remember so many of the images in the show from our own forum.

Sandy, good luck with your family's health and your own!

Wendy, I'm stealing that animated avatar!

Pat Isaac
06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
I already stole it.....:lol:

Pat

Sandy K
06-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks everyone. My grandson is still in ICU but every day is getting a little better. He is precious but I think every baby is precious.

Wendy, I love the avatar.....!!!!

WILT
06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Glad I bothered to look,I work sometimes in soft pastel and although I like the vibrancy of oil pastel I cant get on with them myself but the examples here are quite stunning -- Wet Canvas is great for finding gems like this.Well done everyone !

WILT

Pat Isaac
06-20-2007, 08:44 AM
glad to hear the good news, Sandy.

Pat

bnoonan
06-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Wow - what a challenge the juror had in selecting awards for this show. You are quite the talented group and my applause and congratulations to the winners!!! It's a fabulous selection and the variety and methods are most impressive. I had several favorites as well in addition to Deborah's choices. All of you must feel fabulous about this!

I'll watch for more work on this forum.

Barb

PS Sandy - though I don't know if we've ever talked my thoughts go out to you!