PDA

View Full Version : Venice

Vasilis
06-15-2007, 08:27 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2007/104325-5.jpg
This is my imaginary view of Venice. I've never been there and it's so close to where I live :( ...maybe next summer.
This work took me a month and it's an exercise on perspective.
I used photoshop and my mouse to made it.

wrangler
06-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Nice work,It's good idea to look at any search engine,under images,then Venice,or even Venezia(The name in Italian),among others you may land most likely in Venice,S.Ca. or even Venice.Fla.,However to narrow the search,please type either Venice Italy,or better yet Venezia,so at least,you maty get realistic idea,about the classic beauty of venetian architecture (withour Venetian blinds),Very recently Texas A&M U. together with U. of Va. and UCLA.almost completed a magnificient rendering 3D 10 years journey into many cities that disappeared,from Port Royal Jamaica(not the one in Va.) to ancient Rome,the researchers were not only expert in 3D or architecture,but also architectural hustory,the results were fantastic.They 'resurrected' ancient Rome,as well as the Colloseum,inc,. The Roman Forum (Forum Romanum in Latin) try to discover it as well,on the internet.I'm being Evolutionist enjoy the World Wide Web sites about Paleontology,and evolution,it's fascinating the artistic logical genius of some artists that try to guestimate ancient events ,places, animals,humanoids,that disappeared (or vanished) olong ago,but then,they researched their subjects very well before reaching a conclusion that is most likely closest to reality.

GeoBen
06-19-2007, 02:08 PM
well, as a resident of Venice (California) I had to stop in. You have done a fine job of setting perspective here, at least to my untrained eye. I very much like the colors, too.

On my list of future projects will be paintings of the local canals, built back at the turn of the 19/20th century (in Homage to those of Venicia), lined with small homes, mostly wooden bungalows which are being replaced with lavish McMansions completely out of scale with the environment. Oh well... Americans simply do not value things as they age as well as Europeans do.

geo.