PDA

View Full Version : On-line Pastel show "Idea"

flyfisherflyfisher1
06-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I think it would be fun to have an "On-line Pastel show" WC Members only.
I don't know how to arrange it, but they did it in the Oil Pastel Society. So it can be done anyone have any thoughts? Or interested in organizing it?
Just a thought. Please don't Black ball me it's just an Idea.
Pete

Pat Isaac
06-15-2007, 04:34 PM
The Oil Pastel Society is an organization that is separate from WC with its own members. I'm not sure how it would work in the confines of WC. Nice thought.

Pat

nana b
06-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Sounded like fun:thumbsup:

nana b

Kathryn Wilson
06-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Do you mean just for pastels or for the whole WC site?

bluefish
06-16-2007, 11:21 AM
maybe we could convince 'Deborah' to 'judge' the show!:)

Kathryn Wilson
06-16-2007, 11:34 AM
I almost hate to even think about doing this on Wet Canvas - the OP Society has their own site and that works well for them as it also involves people who are not WC members.

From experience with the Photography forum, it got quite contentious at times and a lot of hurt feelings occurred. I would hate to see that happen here. I am not even sure WC would approve, but one can always ask.

bluefish
06-16-2007, 12:28 PM
'Bluefish's' feelings won't be hurt as long as he wins 'best- in -show'!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kat - I agree with you! - a lot of feelings might be hurt!

flyfisherflyfisher1
06-18-2007, 10:15 AM
Yea, I guess your right I hate to screw-up a good thing. It was just a thought.
Pete

sundiver
06-18-2007, 12:15 PM
There have been articles written in the past that functioned as a pastel show.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Articles2/19147/360/
I notice that other forums, like acrylics, have articles called "shows" too.
It just takes someone to get it approved and put it together- or maybe it's the other way around!

lacey sprocket
06-18-2007, 05:52 PM
There's a project for the 2006 oil pastel retrospective, and anyone who wants can put in a piece. No jury, or anything and it's fun to see everyone's favorite work of 06! I found it a few weeks ago...

scall0way
06-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Yea, I guess your right I hate to screw-up a good thing. It was just a thought.

I thiink it's a fun idea, and I promise I would not pout if I didn't win anything. ( :crying: :crying: ) :lol:

But interesting, I just took the questionaire from WetCanvas's new owners, and they had choices about what we might like to see as additional features here on WC, and one of the choices was an online show.

So it could happen, and I think it could be fun too. I mean we are all *grown-ups* aren't we? Or most of us are. ;)

Kathryn Wilson
06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
I was going to say that too Debbie - it might become a possibility.