PDA

View Full Version : I just have to share this feeling . . .

walden
05-11-2002, 03:52 PM
I just completed my first batch of Ebay transactions-- sold 4 paintings, collected all payments, made all shipments, and my first customer received her paintings, sent me a beautiful note and left wonderful feedback. I feel like a kid again, looking in wonder at my first paycheck, but it's even better than that because I sold something I cared about, struggled to create, to make beautiful. I've NEVER had this feeling before. I mean, I've worked since I was sixteen, and had a demanding and successful 20 year career in accounting and systems design and development, but never have I been rewarded for a creation from my heart. I'm like Sally Field--"You like me! You really LIKE ME!"

What a FEELING!!!:D

I want to express many thanks to everyone here who encouraged me to go for it. You'all are the greatest!

CarlyHardy
05-11-2002, 05:21 PM
After more than a year of selling on ebay....I still have the same feeling! It's just a miracle to me that anyone would pay for something that I have so much fun doing! The feedback from clients is always a source of encouragement to me!
Thanks for sharing your feelings!
carly

Sumafra
05-11-2002, 06:01 PM
Congratulations, Lisa, you did great. I know how you feel, it's a great feeling to sell some of your work and then to get those comments, like 'even better than I thought' or 'just love it', it's better than the money as far as I'm concerned.

pampe
05-11-2002, 07:50 PM
*clapping and dancing*

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

congrats

now you can go to the Galleria and buy something special *wink*

~~~old Houston dweller~~~

pampe:clap: :clap:

CathyD
05-11-2002, 11:26 PM
Wait til you get repeat customers! It all just gets better.:clap:
Cathy

cagathoc
05-12-2002, 09:08 AM
{{{Lisa}}}

way to go! more fun to come - it's just the beginning! :)

:clap:

LarrySeiler
05-13-2002, 08:11 AM
:clap:

good for you!

Larry

arlene
05-13-2002, 09:05 AM
Ain't it a great feeling? I still after doing art both in the commercial art field (textile and wallpaper design) and now as a fine artist still get a thrill everytime someone likes my work enough to buy it.

Sumafra
05-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by arlene
... still get a thrill everytime someone likes my work enough to buy it.

Ditto here. Isn't that the ultimate validation of your work? When someone likes it enough to part with some of their hard earned money?

walden
05-15-2002, 08:19 AM
Sumafra said:

Isn't that the ultimate validation of your work? When someone likes it enough to part with some of their hard earned money?

Yeah, actually it is. I think about it as alternatives-- and everything an individual could choose to have instead of a painting of mine. And, even with people who have plenty of money-- many of them take a lot of pride and pleasure in the virtue of being careful with how they spend it, or usually choose to invest it rather than spend it on stuff. It's an old joke, but the sincerest form of flattery IS cash. :)

Even though the money I'll make in the short term isn't huge, the feelings I get when I sell my work make it worthwhile. It has also just reinforced my desire to get better. I know that not every painting can be my best, but I can give every painting my total attention and concentration, and the absolute best effort that I am capable of on that day. When I feel my attention wandering, or my effort lagging, maybe I'll think to myself-- hey, do you want to send out to some poor unsuspecting soul an inferior piece of crap? :D FOCUS!

tammy
05-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Same feeling here after over a year of eBay! Aint' life grand?