PDA

View Full Version : My first ArtRage painting

Puffin
06-12-2007, 03:21 AM
I am new here and I posted my painting in the wrong thread so here it is again. Such a big forum here really great hoping to learn a lot. My painting I did with the mouse as I do not know how to use the tablet and pen yet not sure where to plug it in the computer. I am a real slow learner. Anyway I know the colours are bright but as i say this is the first one with this programme ,my other paintings were just done with the mouse on Paint.I was encouraged to try ArtRage , so glad I did it should be fun. Do not know what to try and paint now, or maybe improve this one. Anyway just say what you think. I really wanted the water to look deep.

justjean
06-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Hi and welcome to Digital Painting :wave:

Your scene is lovely with great soft colours , looking forward to seeing more :)

Siffer1
06-12-2007, 12:35 PM
This is simply beautiful!

Love those colors.

Welcome to Painter Alley.

Dee

I am new here and I posted my painting in the wrong thread so here it is again. Such a big forum here really great hoping to learn a lot. My painting I did with the mouse as I do not know how to use the tablet and pen yet not sure where to plug it in the computer. I am a real slow learner. Anyway I know the colours are bright but as i say this is the first one with this programme ,my other paintings were just done with the mouse on Paint.I was encouraged to try ArtRage , so glad I did it should be fun. Do not know what to try and paint now, or maybe improve this one. Anyway just say what you think. I really wanted the water to look deep.

LavenderFrost
06-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Very pretty. You better find that plug in, because you will love the tablet.

LadyAlba
06-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Welcome to WC Digital and Painters Alley! :wave:
Lovely colors and a very peaceful painting...I second that on the plug in you will love the tablet! :cat:

Puffin
06-13-2007, 04:26 AM
Welcome to WC Digital and Painters Alley! :wave:
Lovely colors and a very peaceful painting...I second that on the plug in you will love the tablet! :cat:
The problem is I dont know where to plug it, I could probably find somewhere to plug it but would hate to blow up the computer. I do not know anyone that knows about these things, and the man at the computershop is not as bright as me and thats saying something.Thanks for the replies. I will get it sorted somehow.Are there any ArtRage painters here?

LavenderFrost
06-13-2007, 01:18 PM
LOL You won't blow up the computer. Just find a plug in that matches the plug. Intallation instructions should have come with it. It should be easy.

jhercilia
06-13-2007, 02:38 PM
You tablet probably uses a USB connection since they are the most common today. Look at the connector at the end of your tablet's cable. If it looks something like this:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2007/24404-usb.jpg

it is USB.

To plug it in, your computer must have a slot for it probably on the back. Only the new computers have USB ports on the front too. This USB connector will plug in into the USB port only, it won't fit anywhere else so don't be afraid to plug it in where it fits. If it doesn't go in one way, rotate 90degrees since it will go in only one way.

Don't forget that you need to install the software, probable before plug in the tablet. It should say in the instructions.

Good luck and happy tablet painting!

Annie*M
06-14-2007, 03:25 AM
:wave: Hi Puffin. This is a beautiful scene. It looks like it should be in a story book.:thumbsup: :clap:

bluefrog
06-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Stunning! I love it!