PDA

View Full Version : Gisela ,Treat me gently, this is my first time.

billyg
05-11-2002, 02:31 AM
Apart from a thousand years ago at junior school doing potatoe cuts. Went to week long workshop on woodcots and printing here in Motueka NZ.Had a great time and many suprises came out of the work , not mine but from other participants who had never had any arty farty thoughts in their heads before.Heres one I did but the others , a landscape, didnt turn out that well. We used MDF as the boards various weight papers going through the rolling press.As said, great fun and another thing to think about. Thank you Melanie.
Billyg :D :evil: :angel:

Gisela
05-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Ooooooh Billy -- I'm always gentle breaking in the the young fellas! :D

I'm glad you had a great time at the workshop -- wish I could have joined you. Did you do all right with the tools -- have you staunched the wounds or shall I send a nurse.... :evil:

I like your image very much! Is this one from two pieces of wood? And may we see some more? Pretty please?

Gisela

billyg
05-14-2002, 04:25 AM
I dont know if I said somewhere else Gisela, this is one block and the apple was done as a template and then the background blanked out for aple colouring and printing. Done all together in four prints and colouring on the press.
Billyg :D

nikau
05-14-2002, 05:43 AM
Billy, this was a great workshop and everybody attending achieved skills in their own way. good work came out of it.
We should get people form wetcanvas coming to join us here in beautiful Golden Bay, NZ. to come and to do a workshop in different media's and Art Forms!! We could make it international!!
If interested reply to Nikau. we will organise it!

Gisela
05-14-2002, 05:14 PM
Welcome Nikau!
Sound like you were at the workshop too -- will you show us what you worked on? ;)

Thanks for the explanation, Billy. Very cool!

Gisela

billyg
05-15-2002, 04:53 AM
Gisela.
Nikau (Linda) was the organiser of the course we did with our tutor being Melanie Riley from Christchurch (Rods country) thats her next to me in the group photo with some of the work drying on the line. The other photo is of Wayne and myself talking to Melanie about Waynes great prints of a TUI a native bird. We all were lucky enough to be given one of his black and white signed prints, I must try to scan it and post it for you. It would be great as Nikau said if we could get some wc'ers here in NZ, I know Ivy's visit was a great success including phonong me from the top of a volcano. There are plans afoot I believe for a NZ wc'ers weekend here in Motueka next year so wil have to try and organise something then. Must chase up LULU for that one. Anyway, here are the pics of the group.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-May-2002/Prtgroup.jpg

Billyg. :D :evil: :angel:

billyg
05-15-2002, 05:05 AM
For some reason the second photo didnt show lets hope its here now.
Billyg.

sassybird
05-16-2002, 01:42 PM
This is a great piece, billy. Looks like you had a fun group to work with too. I miss having other artists around to bounce ideas off of and watch as they develope their work.

Gisela
05-16-2002, 02:19 PM
Thanks for posting the great pictures Billy!
Looks like a wonderful time was had by all. :D

Gisela

PS, I got a very nice pm from Linda and went and took a look at her gallery -- very nice!! :)

Little Old Lady
05-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Very nice. Looks like you had a great time. I am attending a week long print workshop the last week in May, Hope i have something to post in this forum.
JoAnn