PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly Kisses - comments welcome!

greendragon
06-08-2007, 05:04 PM
Hello all! It's been a while since I've visited, and have just finished a few new pieces. They are still awaiting final touches, and I would love your comments and critiques. Here is the first one, called Butterfly Kisses...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2007/34576-Butterfly-Kisses.jpg

Selahs art
06-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Nice work

Retha

greendragon
06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks! I had fun with this one. I'm still new to using Poser as part of the art - this is only the second piece I've done with it.

frayling
06-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Well though out
dave

Woof-a-Doof
06-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Greetings M' Lady

I remember you from sometime back and had noticed another recent piece of yours (with bryce, twisted brush and photoshop) and followed your reference to this piece :thumbsup:

In the past, watching your posts I always thought to myself...this chick would be the bomb with Poser. Poser is not my primary application of choice, however I have had it since Poser V.1 I never really fully explored it's capabiliities. Because I was all wrapped up into Bryce...since V.2 and of course I integrated with Photoshop at v.4

IMHO---(as-if)...Ahem. IMHO I think you will flourish in the 3D world! At the moment I can only recall the emotion evoked by works you did long sometime ago...I recall it had much heart, mystery, enchantment and long tales of lore...Again, IMHO...your gonna go places with your work. Well, actually you will be spending more and more time exploring phenominal possibilities in the 3D world :clap: My addvice...keep one foot in the 2D world, I think ya will find this invaluable for post work on your new pieces....

:clap: :clap: :clap: It's always fun to see an artist go digital...It's even more fun watching that same artist go 3D....it aint flat no more :wink2:

In Peace
woof

greendragon
06-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks all! That was a very sweet testimony, Woof... and I greatly appreciate both the encouragement and the advice. I know the limitations of the 3D world, and believe a great deal of the 'magic' lies in the postwork, so never fear that I shall abandon it! :)

Bytemebabs
06-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I have to admit ... "I am a stubborn wench" when it comes to digital art/painting. And I also admit I love this, so keep them coming.

I guess I just don't like any software that creates an image (no matter how crude) to begin with. I also know that learning those softwares is a talent in itself. And, I know that the 2 and 3d world appears to be the focus of many and seems to be growing in that direction.

Perhaps some of you 2 and 3d artist could shed some information in this thread or another, as to how much of your original painting is created by the software itself (ie: any shape, background, clothes ...etc.) and what exactly do you "literally" sketch and paint from scratch?

Very curious and appreciate your feedback.
Babs :)

jhercilia
06-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Something you need to be careful with poser's figures/poses are the joints. Sometimes they don't show smooth. You can see this in your painting, her right leg, just approaching the knee. It's too distracting in my opinion. Once it's softened so that no hard line show, it will be even more appealing.

LadyAlba
06-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Good advice given here will be a lovely piece. :wave:

greendragon
06-14-2007, 09:33 AM
bytemebabs, I understand your views, as I once shared them. The part that I drew is everything but the figure itself. That figure I did a lot of 'postwork' to in order to make it look less plastic and more art. I painted the hair, the clothing, I adjusted her shadows, blended areas of edging, repainted her eyes, even moved and made her foot larger. Basically about 3 hours of postwork after setting her up in Poser for about 4 hours - so 7 hours of work just on the figure. The background, the butterflies, the 'window' and the clothing took another 10 hours of work, and most of those I used reference photos to paint from (all my painting is done on the computer in Photoshop, using a mouse).

I have many 2d pieces as well, this is only my third 3d piece. Thanks for the advices so far, I will go fix those in my file :) I haven't started printing her yet, so advices are more than welcome!