PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition invitation for "small rays of hope" an open call

rlsstudio2
06-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Hello,
We are posting an exhibition call for artists, should they wish to apply to participate in Small Rays of Hope and Fragments of a Larger Idea . Being an artist myself and gallery director, I thought I would alert members to this show I am curating. Thank you and best regards, Rhonda Schaller
---------------------------------------------
Small Rays of Hope and Fragments of a Larger Idea
Call for artists
There will be 5 awards of $250 given as honorariums, a second place award of $300 and a $500 award given as Best in Show.

Works on View Thursday December 6th until Thursday, December 20th, 2007
Opening Reception: Saturday December 8th 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm

A Rhonda Schaller Studio Gallery event during the Holiday season to benefit and celebrate our community, our artists, our visions.

CALL FOR ARTISTS

You are invited to be a part of "Small Rays of Hope and Fragments of a Larger Idea". The gallery will be designed with small "windows" - a lattice grid of 10" x 10" frames installed on the walls, within which artists may present their small rays of hope .

Small works only - each work must fit within a window, max dimensions up to 10" x 10". If accepted, artists may be invited to exhibit a maximum of 6 pieces . All media accepted. All work must be ready for installation when delivered. Once all windows are reserved, five artists will be chosen from the group to create a larger idea - and exhibit a larger work.

Work can be made for the exhibition, or you may submit work that you feel fits the theme.

Application form available: http://www.rhondaschallerchelsea.com
Questions? email me at [email protected] or call 212-967-1338