PDA

View Full Version : "Daisy's in the Hydrangea" x-posted Wildlife

flyfisherflyfisher1
06-07-2007, 07:30 AM
This is my latest and I thought I'd share it with everyone. It's 22 x 16 and in softies Nupastels and Rembrants took awhile to do. I'm fairly satisfied with it...Even though Hydrangea are poisonous they make a great shelter from the sun...C&C welcome and needed.
Thanks,

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jun-2007/103550-126_2518.JPG
Pete

Donna T
06-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Pete, this is so nice! I was expecting daisies like the flower...what a great surprise! You did a great job on those hydrangea and I never knew they were poisonous. Daisy is lovely too!

Donna T

Kathryn Wilson
06-07-2007, 08:05 AM
You've got a wonderful style - very unique! Every artist strives to find their style and you have done that - bravo.

I love everything about this painting -

NickyW
06-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Oh nice one Pete, and love the name, very cute..love the colours too..

Diana_pastels
06-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Pete, I really like your style! Love the purple shadows on Daisy and the hydrangeas are wonderful. What paper do you use? Do you use any pastel pencils for the details (fur, eye highlights, etc.) or strictly the NuPastel sticks?
Diana

flyfisherflyfisher1
06-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Donna- I did it on purpose to try and mess with our friends over in "wildlife".
Glad you fell into my trap.

Kat- I have had that style since I was a kid. Tried to get rid of it for a while..
just couldn't shake it loose. Now I like it.

Nicky- I was looking for something I could paint with Complimenting colors because I'm usually pretty rotton at it. How'd I do?

Diana- Thank you! I used Canson smooth side and yes pencils (i don't know what brand) on the hair and some highlights.

Thanks
Pete

grampy bone
06-07-2007, 11:12 AM
This one is your best yet. I've never had the urge to hug a cow until I saw Daisy! The work has great composition and is definately worth entering in some kind of show. :thumbsup:

bnoonan
06-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Pete this is truly a kick. For a city girl, I love the idea of cows keeping cools this way... tickles my funny bone.:thumbsup: :lol:

I will ask one minor tiny thing... perhaps it needs to be cropped ever so slightly on the right so that we are clear where the back part of the cow ends? I find myself gravitating over there to figure out the shape.

But once again - city girl here so if it's ok for those who are around cows - I say keep it.

I hope you smile as much as I do when you look at it. BTW - love that it was posted in Wildlife forum....:D

barb

flyfisherflyfisher1
06-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks, you guys!!! I love all the comments!

Grampy bones- It'll be entered someplace somehow gotta figure out where.

Barb- I tried to make her "wrap" back a little (bad Photo). She is kind of forshortened I'll have to look at her again when I get home tonight. Her tail and hind parts should be out of sight and the end of the calf that you see is really her ribcage.

Pete

Doris Baggett
06-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Was expecting to be intrigued with the flowers and found myself enamoured with your calf instead. She has beautiful eyes and her coloring looks almost like a jersey-is that what she is?

flyfisherflyfisher1
06-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Yep, A jersey....With a lot of purple... must of been the bulls contribution.:lol: :lol:
Pete

Paula Ford
06-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Daisy is so precious!! I love the hydrangeas too....beautiful!

Paula

GaryNorthants
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi Pete, made me grin too, very good. As well as 'Daisies' innocent expression the background and composition are excellent. Love the contrast with leaves around the edge too. Look forward to your next cryptic title
Gary

VeronicaF
06-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Ahh bless she is wondefrul
Pete
,I love her and how you have done this painting
well done!

flyfisherflyfisher1
06-08-2007, 07:45 AM
You guys are great! I'm glad your all here to bounce things off of.
It's really important to me to get all of your feed back both positive and negative. Please keep up the good work!!!
Pete

Constellation
06-08-2007, 07:57 AM
How neat and innovative! Nice painting!.... Donna Roth

Artistammy
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Daisy is so cute! You did a great job on her.
Tammy

flyfisherflyfisher1
06-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Thank you, Donna and Tammi. It's so nice to have all the comments.
It took me along time to do this and all of this makes me feel appreciated.
Pete

pancho
06-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Awww...the cow is very cute! Very well done!

bnoonan
06-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Pete - came back for another look. I think if you cropped a teeny bit off the right it may read perfectly as you described.

Excellent - still smiling at this one.! Reminds me of the Borden's Dairy Cow - do you know that advertising? Oh of course you do - that's the name.. right??? A little slow... bArb

flyfisherflyfisher1
06-11-2007, 07:27 AM
I can't remember if it was Daisy or Elsie...? I've left enough room to crop.
That's a good idea. It will probably help convey the depth.
thanks,
Pete