PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Landscape

nana b
06-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Hi all! I've been working very hard since I got back from Albuquerque. I have three in process at this time and this is one of them. I know pretty well what I have to do to finish this one but am planning a garage sale this week-end and am torn as to which I will work on:D Let's see.....in the hot garage with no t.v or in here painting.......in the hot garage in the dust or.....? I know the water path needs to taper in some more as it goes into the distance, the bushes/tree on the right needs to be defined and modeled. I'm not sure about the sky colors over the sunrise, they may be too bright. Are they? Beyond that , if you see something else, please let me know. Well, you can probably tell I'm killing time here because I don't want to work out in the hot, dusty garage:eek: and my attention is not up to finishing a painting:crying:

nana b

Ps- In life, this is not blurrie. Sorry for bad pic.

jochem25
06-07-2007, 02:53 AM
nice colors, but indeed a little lack of detail caused by the picture.
use photobucket or imageshack instead of attatchments. or better your own hosting

NickyW
06-07-2007, 03:21 AM
Very nice Nana b, the colours are pretty..well done.

Donna T
06-07-2007, 07:54 AM
I like this Nana and don't think your sky colors are too bright at all. I admire your style and wonder if you need many details for this because when you look into the bright sun your eyes really only see the shapes of things and all the other values are kind of dark. The light on the water is so nice and leads the eye directly to the sunset. I might consider cropping off a little from the sky, but that's just me.

I can't remember but was it you who was looking for a good source for picture frame moulding (stock)? Let me know and I'll send you the name of a place we found that sells to anyone, not just frame shops. We are happy with the stock we ordered and the samples they sent look real nice too.

Donna T

Punky2
06-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Hi nana b,

I think your sky colors are just right. The sky looks very much like a sunrise.
The colors in the whole painting are very beautiful. The whole atmosphere is very soft.
A very small change I might make would be to make the small tree on the right less round in contour - maybe break up the outside edges a little.
This is a very lovely painting.

Terri

bluefish
06-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Sky colors are definitely not to bright, I'd like to see a little deeper 'pink' in the sky near the top of the page - it would make the sky more interesting - a beautiful piece of work - I was straining my eyes looking for the 'rhubarb patch'!!!!! :thumbsup:

bnoonan
06-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Oh Nana - this is far better than any art you can draw in the dust of the garage. Consider it the right choice!

I'm just enjoying the rich colors and defer to the others for tips. Hurrah for indoor cool temps.

barb

Bringer
06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi Nana,

You have a marvelous work here. It may need the adjustments that you've mentioned, but it has a great light and the sunset reflected onto the water is great.
What I would do to increase the depth of the sky would be to make the top part just a tad darker and then making a gradation(sp?) .

Kind regards,

Josť

Doris Baggett
06-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Beautiful sunrise!

Paula Ford
06-07-2007, 06:58 PM
It looks really good...but would you post another photo and clear up the blurriness?

Thanks,
Paula

Charles Perera
06-07-2007, 07:43 PM
This is a beautiful painting Nana. I wish we had larger image.

Charles

nana b
06-07-2007, 10:21 PM
This one should be clearer but remember it's not finished. Thanks for looking.

nana

Diana_pastels
06-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Nana, this is very pretty. I love the reflected sky colors in the stream. I can almost hear the early birds starting to sing.

The Art Corner
06-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Hey Phyllis: Very atmospheric & lovely colors.

nana b
06-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey Shoshana, thanks a lot!

nana b

Constellation
06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Nana.... that is so soft and lovely to look at..... nice painting.... and garages only get dirty again anyway... and you'll have this for a long tim! Donna R

AnnieA
06-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Nana: This is beautiful! The second photo really helps to see it clearly.

I too love the wonderful reflections you've shown in the water and I think the colors of the trees are just right for that time of day. The tree on the right bothers me just a bit for some reason - I don't know exactly why, but it seems just a little out of balance with the rest of the piece. Maybe it's just me though. I like the sky as is - it seems just right. A lovely piece. :)

David Patterson
06-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Hi Phyllis...I missed this earlier. This is very nice! Great colors and composition.

David

Shari
06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi Phyllis,

I love this one, great aerial perspective, beautiful time of day.

nana b
06-11-2007, 11:11 PM
I want to thank all of you for commenting and giving me thoughts on this painting. I've been a little behind with things here at home, had a garage sale this last weekend and took a chunk of my time.
Thanks to Jochem, Nicky, Donna, Terri, Bluefish, Bringer, Doris, Barb, Paula, Charles, Diana, Shoshana,Constellation, David and Shari:wave: Hope I didn't miss anybody. If I did, yell real loud!:eek:

nana b