PDA

View Full Version : Night Stalker

yogibear
06-05-2007, 08:58 PM
I had some leftover black suedeboard from the swimming tiger painting so i thought I would do this little painting, 5 x 9 inch. Thanks to the contributor in the RL. It is done in soft pastel. C & C appreciated.

Thanks,

Linda

pjdee
06-05-2007, 10:00 PM
Beautiful! Such nice detail in his face and the grasses on such a small surface... Great work, Linda!

pinups
06-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi Linda,
I know its a small scale but there's a few things that bother me about this painting. Just to the right of his right eye there is what appears to be a very distinct vertical line. I believe that you have chosen some licence for the photograph reference might be forshortened as the head has eclipsed the body. The ears don't match in appearance. He also appears to be floating above the grass. Last, there should be either more white to the right hand side of his face or less on the left. You have carried the white markings up further on the tiger's left hand side so its not symetrical. The colours are very nice and the fur is executed great. I think with a few minor tweaks you will have a great painting on your hands. I hope that this wasn't too critical and hopefully some help.

jody007
06-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Beautiful work! I just love it!
Jody

yogibear
06-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks Pat and Les for your comments. I tried to follow the photo as it appeared that is why the ears look different. I guess big cats flex their ears on occasion. I have adjusted the white parts on the face so that they appear more symmetrical as well as that black vertical line. Thanks for the help. I probably would not have seen these problem areas on my own.

Thanks again,
Linda

valchina612
06-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Great work Linda. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave: