PDA

View Full Version : Sarah-WIP

Caron
05-09-2002, 04:38 PM
I started to do this last week then chickened out and decided to do her in graphite which I have posted over in the drawing forum.
Since then, I figured I had to just go for it! This is my first attempt at painting a person. Hard as it is, it is even harder when its your own daughter!
On canvas 10x11. Still tweeking hair, clip and some of the face..
Any suggestions welcome!!

orchidlover6
05-09-2002, 04:47 PM
caron - like I said about the graphite one - you

Rock!

I love the folds in her clothes. The chin seems a bit longish to me but I don't know if it's true to life or not. The hair is well done.

Caron
05-09-2002, 05:06 PM
:D You boost my ego orchid.....:)
I took a look at the chin and you may be right. I was so preoccupied with trying to get the right skin colours I may have overlooked that..Thanks!

mf.sutton
05-09-2002, 05:39 PM
Caron, once again amazing, lovely picture, the hair is just a wow - Mike:clap: :clap:

kimmikat
05-09-2002, 05:49 PM
This is beautifully done, I am in awe of anyone that can do portraits and you did a really nice one :clap:

BRIDGES
05-09-2002, 07:12 PM
way too much chin,but it may be the shadowing, ones eye goes to the reddish chin spot where it seems it should be thinner compared to the bone structure of the face. A lovely little girl, a beauty,but too much chin,Hair is great and eyes which one tends to make too big usually. Nice, all but the already critqued chin Bridges

Caron
05-10-2002, 12:00 AM
I worked on Sarah some tonight and think I have her complete now. At least unless someone sees something I've missed. The clip is finished, touched her hair and finished her face tones.
Bridges I also noticed the chin and corrected it. Thanks! With my brushstrokes I ended up going out about 1/4 inch! This one Im framing I think..
Mike and Kimmi, thanks again for your kind comments of her in progress! I really do appreciate your support!..:)

KarenU
05-10-2002, 11:01 AM
Caron...this is a beautiful portrait! Every aspect of it is just wonderful...the hair, the skin tones....it looks fabulous!

BRIDGES
05-10-2002, 11:02 AM
What a difference! so nice, I'd keep it too. before =Iwent to look at "before"she looked like a peice of candy in her jaw/mouth did you see that?. so nice, coloring great now too. such a sweet look there in her eye. Bridges

kjsspot
05-10-2002, 03:31 PM
Simply gorgeous! Acryics, eh? Almost has a pastel feel to it!

Caron
05-10-2002, 03:51 PM
Thank you Karen!
Bridges, yes, it did make a big difference and Im pleased now..:)
kjsspot, thank you for your comment. Yes, it is acrylic...not pastel. Funny, you are the 3rd person to say that? I dont work in pastels and have never studied them. I must go take a look in the other forum and see just what the similarity is!!

dianashaffner
05-11-2002, 11:36 PM
Hi Karen,

seems hard to believe that this is your first painting of a person. What a wooooooooooooooonderful job :)
You must be a proud mom having such a beautiful daughter ... very lovely.

Cheers Diana

kimmikat
05-12-2002, 04:55 PM
The first version was great, well, so is this. I still think it is fantastic, and even better now :clap:

Great detail and colour, absolutely gorgeous

donsha
05-12-2002, 06:17 PM
This is a wonderful portait and what a beautiful child. You have captured everything beautifully. She has a very pensive look and that creates a curiousity when viewing this painting.

I also work in acrylics and love the way you have used this medium. :clap: :clap:
I can't wait to see more of your work.

regards
Sharon

auntie_chaos
05-12-2002, 08:55 PM
Caron ... sorry I've taken so long to get over here to see this ... it's great!! Sarah's a beautiful girl and you've done her lots of justice with this painting ... bet she loves it!! Heading over now to see the graphite one.

Caron
05-13-2002, 12:07 AM
Thanks everyone for your wonderful compliments to my portrait and my daughter. She surely is the light of my life!
Sharon, Sarah is very photogenic and loves the camera. When she (and her brother) see me coming with it, she will find all kinds of 'poses' that 'I just have to take'. This was one of them! And to me she was right on with this one. Thank you for your compliments:)
Auntie, thank you too for stopping by and commenting. I really do appreciate it. Yes, Sarah does like and now Cole wants his done too! (Oh noooo!)

donsha
05-13-2002, 12:46 AM
I look forward to seeing Cole's portrait :)) hehehehe get going mom!!:p

Caron
05-14-2002, 02:13 PM
:D thanks Sharon...I may chicken and do the graphite for him too, at least first:)

terrygar
05-16-2002, 07:47 PM
Really nice work, want to see more.

surreal
05-17-2002, 12:12 AM
What a lovely portrait!
surreal

artinoils
05-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Excellent job:clap:

Axl
05-18-2002, 06:15 PM
I think she definately has a curtain charm in this picture, I really think you did a wonderful job *g* You're so good! you go gurl! Beautiful

joemajury
05-18-2002, 10:31 PM
You have another winner on your hands with this one.
Great first attempt at Potraiture.
Next stop, a Pastel Portrait..

Joe
;) ;)

Caron
05-19-2002, 11:58 PM
Thank you everyone. I really should get to trying another one this time of my son but think this just might have been beginners luck...lol
Joe, I keep hearing that. Maybe I really should:)

Matttscott
05-21-2002, 02:25 PM
This is great, Caron! The original in pencil was lovely, but you've really outdone yourself this time! I love the colors and the background.

Way to go! :clap:

--Matt :cool: