PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Goddess does well at Humanities Show

Glitzy Cowgirl
06-03-2007, 02:42 AM
The Art League in our little town in Texas was having a Humanities Show - the Human Figure in Art. Well, long story short, I convinced mom to enter a necklace (several, actually) using some of my goddess beads! The opening reception was Friday night. We went to see who the award winners would be and one of the necklaces actually received an Honorable Mention. (She had the only jewelry competing in the show with over 150 exhibits). The jewelry had to compete against all types of art media. Even the judge said it was really hard to decide with all the mixed media. The committe told mom later that the judge kept coming over to look at the necklace. They said jewelry has never received a ribbon at a gallery show before - ha! First time for everything! I am sooo proud of her. I attached a couple of photos of the Goddess of the Carribean! She is an ivory bead with silver leaf and fine silver wire wrapped around her. We used fiber and apatite beads for the necklace. If you are in the New Braunfels, Texas area this month, stop by the New Braunfels Art League and vote for People's Choice!

Sharyl
06-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Tell your Mom that we are so proud of Her and You also.
Good Job.

beachbonfire
06-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Re: Carribean Goddess does well at Humanities Show

Love the combination of beads and fiber! What a great team you and your Mom make. Beautiful!!!
Sandy

Glitzy Cowgirl
06-04-2007, 12:00 PM
Thank you for the lovely compliments! We had fun together and that is the most important thing! (If she sells, it will be even better!)

Vicki

LouiseI
06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
thats wonderful! congratulations to you both - the necklace looks very beautiful :)

Sue in Maine
06-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Congratulations to you both! It's always good to see glassers get ahead and certainly brings recognition to our craft.

Sue

Daenyris
06-04-2007, 06:34 PM
That is such an awesome accomplishment. You and your mother should be very proud. Congratulations to you both!

Pipyr
06-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Big congrats to you and your mom!! Beautiful bead and necklace!!

richsantaclaus
06-05-2007, 09:35 PM
How wonderful!!!!!!!!

mtnest
06-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Congratulations! I can see why it did so well! Isn't it a rush when something you create is appreciated by someone else! (That's why I keep posting my stuff here, I am addicted to the warm fuzzies!) Keep up the great work, and keep posting!

Elegance_1
06-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Awesome! Those "first times" are so special! :thumbsup:

opportunity-shop
06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Yahoo!! I am going to try and get up there. Barb

debiweiss
06-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Congratulations and a HIP HIP HURRAY:clap::clap:
Debi

Glitzy Cowgirl
06-06-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh gosh everybody! Thanks for the kind words! I love warm fuzzies so a great big thank you to everyone who has taken a peek at my pics!

Barb (and anyone else around) - you can vote for the People's Choice until June 27th or 28th! Then the next month's stuff goes on display. Anybody got any ideas for contemporary art? I am thinking geometric bright colored beads???

Oh, just got done with a 2 day Trail clinic (we show horses) with a national instructor - am so exhausted - two very long days. Anyway Tim saw the goddess beads and decided he needed one so it could be his lucky piece when he goes gambling. So I made him a black goddess with 3 number 7's on her for the one armed bandits and 10X on her side for winning 10 times the amount. Don't know if it will work or not but he is supposed to share his winnings if she does! Will post pics later....

Thanks again!
Vicki

GNARLA
06-06-2007, 11:16 PM
Wonderful bead and necklace!!! It deserves multiple ribbons! Congratulations to both of you!

Dream Fire
06-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Good job Vicki! Good job "Mom"
Love Sam

Glitzy Cowgirl
06-07-2007, 06:52 PM
Sam - Aren't you proud - something besides horse beads! See, I do make other things! Even had the patience to make a whole necklace set to go with the Fiesta Goddess posted in the June works!

Wish I could have won the $$$ they were giving! But I will take the ribbons, too!

Thanks for looking everybody! Your kind words are inspiration!

Vicki