PDA

View Full Version : Catoblepas

NunaInua
06-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Hello all!

I did this for the creature feature thread in the Sci-fi/Fantasy area! It was alot of fun! Thought I would go into more detail of how....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jun-2007/105868-bull_thingysmall.jpg
I used corel painter X, and a tablet.

I started with a rough sketch, scanned it in, blocked in color using chalk (don't ask why I chose that cause I have no idea). Then I used blender called "just add water", and blended away. I created a custum dab brush for the scales and on low opacity went crazy on the bod. I then on other layers added the "fog", and on another added all the detaily type of stuff. It took me a little less than two hours.

FUN FUN FUN! :P

all C&C welcome...it really helps me on the learning end!

Thanks for looking
Rainey

GeoBen
06-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Good stuff and not so good stuff.

best is the mane. so real i could almost touch it, but not really real at all. hope that is not a mean thing to say, it is exactly what i would like to be able to do.

not so great, the clouds. i know you can make good ones, because i have seen them. you wanted less realism? good... would work with the picture, but simple circles are too simple.

here in El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula we sign off with 'be cool', but i will adopt your phrase as more apropos

stay warm,

geo.

NunaInua
06-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Thank you for replying!

Yeah this was done real quick like so I didn't spend that much time on the clouds. Didn't realize when I rendered it into a jpg. that they became so...round...lol

LadyAlba
06-04-2007, 01:53 AM
I like it and you did a wonderful job love the coloring of the animal. :clap: :wave:

Bytemebabs
06-07-2007, 01:57 PM
all C&C welcome...it really helps me on the learning end!

And because you are like me and don't mind honest critiques, I just think you have it in you to do better. Your bull really conveys a "sci-fi" feeling of "Rage" and well, for lack of a better word, fear!

But your bull needs more definition. The background, clouds etc are dispensable. You main image here, IMHO, is where you are trying to emphasize "EMOTION". Quit worrying about clouds and work on more definition on the bull.

Hope I have not offended.

Babs :)