PDA

View Full Version : Circular calligraphy

celticrichard
06-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi there againĦĦĦĦ

I found out a great revolutionary way of doing calligraphy,instead of lines of writing...Circles.

First I will talk of the easy part,till I perfect and check my next theory:

As its geometry based, it obeys math rules and the rule in this case is the rule of length of the circle:

length of circle (l)=2 x pi x radius(r)

We begin by writing on a scrap paper the line,quote ,phrase or whatever you want in the size and width you wish,

Once its right,with a ruler measure carefuly the length of the writing.

For example, my quote measures 62,8 centimetres,according to the equation

62,8=2 x pi(3.14) x r

so to find the radius of the circle we divide 62.8 between 2 and then between 3.14 and it gives 10,thats the radius.

Now we do two circles: one which is the base circle and another which is the former plus the height of the font used,we do the calligraphy and voila.

Tips:

-Let one letter dry completely before continuing,smudging may happen

-you may do slight variations to the letters to make it more attractive

-To avoid akward leanings of the letters do a line that crosses the middle of the letter(do a sketch of the letter if you can on the paper) and use it as an extra guide.

hope you like it

If you dont understand something ,please comment

adam323638
06-02-2007, 09:06 AM
It sounds very interesting. Do you have any works you could show us?

celticrichard
06-04-2007, 03:20 PM
I would love to do examples and show them,but Im afraid that Im in my final schol exams so it will keep me busy all the time,but during summer I will show one,cos I have to do a project for my friend.

scribblet
06-14-2007, 11:29 AM
I've never had any luck with the circular thing, will take a close look at your instructions. thanks