PDA

View Full Version : I've Got Balls

alfreda
06-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Art balls that is! hee! hee! made you look you dirty duck. I saw quite a few years ago a story about the art-o-mat and LOVED the idea. I couldn't afford to buy a ciggie machine, let alone convert one and didn't want to copy it anyway. Then I read about trash balls a while back and thought, heck why can't I do something like that only with art. Okay, so not an original idea (just a fun variation), and not a big money maker, but we hope the public in Yellow Springs will enjoy it.

Original wacky art
is now available for a mere pittance in the ART BALL machine. Four Yellow Springs Jafa's (Corrine Bayraktaroglu, Nancy Mellon, Talitha Greene, Deb Housh) joined forces to bring you art in a ball. Keep your eyes peeled for the "Art Ball" machine outside Village Artisans for one day only, June 9th, Street Fair Day.

It will be available again Art Stroll night, June 15th for the Chamberpot Gallery's opening reception at the Train Station.

If you miss both chances, don't fret, the "Art Ball" machine has found a home in the Emporium after June 15th.

Each ball will contain a little piece of art and a little joke, quote, or some trivia.

You can examples of the art on the YSARTS (http://ysarts.blogspot.com/) blog.

Coquette
06-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Alfreda,

What a wonderful idea!! I hope it goes over really well :wave:

Consuelo

alfreda
06-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Thanks Coquette, we are kind of nervous about it, but hope people have fun with it.

redtreestudio
06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I'll be visiting the Yellow Springs area June 8th... maybe I'll stay over night and catch your Art Ball Machine.

alfreda
06-01-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll be visiting the Yellow Springs area June 8th... maybe I'll stay over night and catch your Art Ball Machine.

Oh cool, visiting friends? well it is street fair on the 9th, so the place will be packed. The art ball machine will be outside Village Artisans gallery on cory and Dayton St. :clap:

alfreda
06-01-2007, 05:10 PM

I won't be around, my daughters graduation :D so unfortunately I won't be able to say hi personally. Hope you enjoy your visit, street fair is so much fun :wave:

ps. if you need a loo, it's at the train station (which is also the Chamberpot Gallery (http://sitekreator.com/chamberpotgallery/index.html)).

redtreestudio
06-04-2007, 10:40 AM
ps. if you need a loo, it's at the train station (which is also the Chamberpot Gallery (http://sitekreator.com/chamberpotgallery/index.html)).

:lol: :lol: Thanks!!! Sometimes I feel like loo locations are the best kept secrets in the world :lol: :lol:

Oh no!!! Now that the secrets out, there will probably be a huge line...:eek:

Oh wait... There's always a huge line no matter where the loos are cleverly hidden...:D

alfreda
06-17-2007, 04:29 PM
:lol: :lol: Thanks!!! Sometimes I feel like loo locations are the best kept secrets in the world :lol: :lol:

D

Did you make it to street fair? :)

People seemed to like the art ball machine, but it did better at art stroll June 15. A lot of people said they came just to see it :D which was really cool.

redtreestudio
06-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Did you make it to street fair? :)

Sorry, but no I didn't...:(

My schedule got shuffled around and I couldn't stay over for the extra night...

When/where will you be having it next?

alfreda
06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Next Street Fair is in October. I think my exhibit will be up the same time too at Would you, could, you art gallery on corry street. This year the street fair was the most jam packed I have ever seen it, and so many new vendors and street musicians. Sorry you couldn't make it.

redtreestudio
06-20-2007, 08:31 AM
I don't usually head east in October, but I'll make a note on my schedule and see how things go.

Thanks...:)