PDA

View Full Version : June's Pastel Strokes

K Taylor-Green
06-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Welcome to the June 2007 edition of PASTEL STROKES! Those who participated in previous months already know the guidelines. For all newbies, they are as follows:

• An individual volunteering to host the monthly project proposes to a guide or a moderator a new photo reference near the beginning of the month.
• The guide or moderator approves the host and reference photo and the selected host posts the project in Pastel Talk and also threads in the Soft Pastel and Oil Pastel forums with links to the Pastel Talk project link.
• Interested participants, create a painting from the photo and upload it to this thread for discussion.
• The image may be cropped, rearranged, and interpreted in any manner! Use different effects in your software program and try painting something different, tweak the color, add or subtract things! This is a friendly chance to share the creative venture. Feel free to have some fun!
• You can paint as many versions as you like and they can be any size.
• Both oilies and softies are invited to play.

Your photo reference for June is Soliel, my 6 month old Labrador Retriever!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jun-2007/41107-Soliels_new_collar3.jpg

Pat Isaac
06-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks, Kate. This is going to be a challenge. Wonderful photo.

Pat

Pabs
06-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Phew - an animal! I have done a series of pastel & pen & ink Woodpeckers, Blue Tits etc. before, but never an animal as such, so this will be a real challenge for me. It's just not the sort of thing I do, BUT, I said I would sign up for these threads, so challenge it will be!!
Please do not expect any work until the second half of June as we go to Cancun, Mexico on Monday for two weeks, but I will leave a note to remind myself to get on with it when we get back. You may deduce from this that I have a memory like the proverbial seive, or as my wife puts it - pre senile dementia.

Don't forget - it's dusty out there!!

Regards,
Pabs

K Taylor-Green
06-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey Pabs, I'm there with you on the memory thing!! My hubby is worse, though. Could it be a male thing? Or an age thing?

But Cancun, gosh I haven't been there in years. It was a wonderful place. I loved it. We stayed at the Cancun Playa.

Pat Isaac
06-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Have a great time, Paul.

Pat

Pabs
06-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Now, now KTG - I will not stand for any insults against us men - we can multi-task just as good as any women can, and as for memory - er, forgot what I was going to say..............
We are staying at the Riviera Maya, just south of Cancun, and I have my watercolours etc ready. I will pastel when I get back.
Regards,
Pabs

Tracy Lewis
06-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Great pic. Another out of my comfort zone picture :O

*Violet*
06-01-2007, 12:09 PM
hi all ... :wave: ... i'm nearing the end of my atc project and just may jump on this bandwagon !! ... i enjoyed doing phaedra and this would be my second larger animal ... i did a puppy face in atc size !!! ... 2.5"x3.5" !! ... i can hardly wait to work on something larger !!!!

lacey sprocket
06-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Here's my go at it! I used to draw our golden when I was a kid, but only in pencil. I've done 2 oil paintings of dogs on commision, but this is the first oil pastel drawing I've ever done of a dog. I'm really not great at animals, but I tried. Great looking dog, though! How do you pronounce Soliel? Is it soul-eel?
This is 8x12 white sketch paper, with cray-pas and sennies.
It took about 1 hour & 10 min.

K Taylor-Green
06-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Holy cow!! Girl, this is great! And so quickly done! I love it!
Her name is pronounced SoLAY. It is French for sun.

Pat Isaac
06-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Awesome, Lacey! You are really fast and there is that wonderful vibrant color.
You have captured her youth.

Pat

K Taylor-Green
06-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Awesome, Lacey! You are really fast and there is that wonderful vibrant color.
You have captured her youth.

Pat

She has, hasn't she? That's my baby girl!

K Taylor-Green
06-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, Paul, could be an age thing!

*Violet*
06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
beautiful, lacey ... beautiful !! ... did you choose to leave out her whiskers? ... or was that intentional?

lacey sprocket
06-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Violet, haha! No, I left them out because I'm spacey. Spacey Lacey.:lol:
I added the whisker spots in, but I left off the whiskers themselves, since when I tried adding them, the looked kind of cluttered. Hmmm.... I also toned down the shadow on the face a bit, once I saw it posted, it looked a bit too intense.

GaryNorthants
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Looking forward to having a go at this. Will be an ideal warm up for the portrait of my own dog I intend to do soon. Woof !
Gary

marie_d
06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Lacey - What a lovely pastel painting. Like the dark background against the golden colour, and that is definately your style the little red neckerchief.
Marie :)

RooGal
06-01-2007, 05:48 PM
:eek: Oi, this is definitely out of my comfort zone. I really think I'm better at inanimate objects. She's a yellow lab, yes? I had a black lab years ago and my twin has a yellow lab. They are just wonderful dogs to have.

I will have a go at it. I just hope I can bring life to her.

Lacey - with your speed we should have a daily pastel stroke :lol: . You have done a wonderful job. She is beautiful. :thumbsup:

Paul, you will love Cancun if you haven't been there before. Make sure you see the ruins in Chittenitza (that has to be spelled wrong). I was there years ago before they put all those hotels on the beach. Hope you have great weather.

Cheers for now,
Pam

lacey sprocket
06-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the comments! It's not really that I'm fast, I just have a lot of spare time (I've been putting off painting work to do my own thing), especially since my boyfriend is out of town for the week! (I'm really very lucky, because Josh is very supportive, and he works hard so that I can have time to work on my art.) I also have kind of an add attention span, so I finish things quickly before I lose interest! I do draw a lot, though. It was sort of a decision I made a few months back. I've always been in awe of artists who are extreamely prolific, and then I thought- well, I can do that! So I decided to fill the book I had at the time, and go from there. I'm halfway through book 2 now. I must say, this site has really helped keep the wind in my sails, as far as keeping up the pace! Thanks, all!

CM Neidhofer
06-01-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm definitely in on this one again.

Great job, Lacey!

Christine

ElleZee
06-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Great reference! Beautiful dog, hope to give this one a try!

Pabs
06-02-2007, 03:47 AM
Lacey stop it - you're far too fast!!!
But, you're also far to good. That's an awesome piece you've just done; a very individual style, but a truly representative one. It's no wonder you get commissions; I really like your work. Well done.
Regards,
Pabs

Pabs
06-02-2007, 03:50 AM
Hi KTG
An age thing???? I'll have you know I'm a toy-boy, and proud of it! Thing is though, it's one of those quirks where it's a two year difference at one time of the year, then just one year later on - BUT - it still counts!!!
Talk later.
Regards,
Pabs

tyree
06-03-2007, 03:19 PM
this is going to be a good challenge this month!!! lacey....that is beautiful, way to set the bar!!!! tyree :wave:

ElleZee
06-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Beautiful work Lacey! I agree with Tyree, Way to set the bar!!!!

alija1001
06-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Yes will try this one love these dogs had a black labrador. They are such lovely loyal dogs. Could not believe Lacey has already done this one.

Tracy Lewis
06-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Hello, here is my entry for the june thread. It is soft pstels with pastel pencil.
It a4 pastel paper.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Jun-2007/101106-scan0004.jpg

lacey sprocket
06-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Tracy, awwww! She looks so warm and cute and glowy! Nice work on the tounge.

Pat Isaac
06-04-2007, 09:35 PM
So soft and furry, Tracey. Just want to pat her.

Pat

K Taylor-Green
06-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi Tracy! Good job on my girl. The mouth area is the hardest to do on a dog, and you have done it very well.

tyree
06-05-2007, 12:05 AM
:wave: hi tracy...wonderful glow to his fur, and excellent work on the teeth and mouth!!! tyree :wave:

alija1001
06-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Hi he is my interpredation of the picture. Not sure if I like it but I do like the mouth. C & C welcome.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2007/78136-Labrador.jpg :clap:

alija1001
06-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Forgot to added his whiskers.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Jun-2007/78136-Labrador_1.jpg

Tracy Lewis
06-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi Gill. He looks as if he is waiting expectantly for a special treat! Great work.

freeo
06-05-2007, 06:28 PM
As usual all paintings have much to recommend them. Great use of light and shade which is what I look at. Mine is a little different as I had only a few bright colours to use(the rest are in a box as we have just moved house). i know some people will think......but what the heck here it is...

lacey sprocket
06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Gill, looks like we are both wisker forgeters! Excellent work on the mouth.

Freeo, great interpretation! I dig bright colors!

Pat Isaac
06-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Gill, great job with the yellow lab....I agree, good job on the mouth.
Treeo, I love your interpretation. Great abstract design.

Pat

K Taylor-Green
06-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Good job, Gill, especially on that paper! I admire anyone who can get something decent from it.

Freeo, really different, great abstract!

GaryNorthants
06-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi Lacey, please accepted a belated well done. My broadband has been down and I haven't been able to see many pictures for a week.

Tracy, I actually laughed out loud at your gorgeous little pup. It's truly the happiest little dog painting I have ever seen and as a dog owner I'd love one like that on my wall. I only hope I can capture a little of that spirit you have when I make my attempt.

fantastic start to the thread

Gary

tyree
06-07-2007, 12:50 PM
:wave: gill..lovely glow to his fur..nice work...freeo..great interpretation,,very sixties..love the design to it!!! tyree :wave:

Adiecain
06-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Ok, here's my attempt at the challenge.. The colours have come out a bit squiff in the photo.. That will teach me to use a digital camera.. I've never tried animal paintings before so this is really out of my comfort zone..

Adrian

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jun-2007/108785-june1.jpg

Pat Isaac
06-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Well, you certainly did a great job with your first animal portrait.:thumbsup: You really captured the expression.

Pat

lacey sprocket
06-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Adrian, that's wonderful! Lovely mouth and nose. I agree, I'm not comfortable with animals, either.

K Taylor-Green
06-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Adrian, it is beautiful!! You would never know you hadn't done animals, before! You are all doing wonderful jobs on this.

*Violet*
06-09-2007, 12:30 AM
nice job !! ... :thumbsup:

Jo Castillo
06-09-2007, 11:41 PM
Lacey, your puppy is just great. I liked the more intense colors, but that is me. Nice job.
Jo

RooGal
06-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow. There have been lovely renderings so far this month.

Tracey - I just want to pat him on the head, he looks so soft. Nice job.

Gill - Good job on the mouth, he does look like he wants a biscuit.

Freeo - With moving and all, at least you managed to find the time to do the project. Good thing you found some pastels to use. Very nice, very 60's to me.

Adrian - Lovely painting, I like the background you put in.

I have got to get crackin on mine. So far I have just been thinking about it and that's not getting much done.

Cheers for now,
Pam

tyree
06-10-2007, 05:43 PM
adrian...really quite good, the mouth area and fur are excellent, you should do more pups!!!! tyree:thumbsup:

K Taylor-Green
06-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Any new ones in the works? I have just started mine.

RooGal
06-13-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm only in the beginning stage Katherine. Have been hit with a bad cold, so trying to stay away from the dusties at the moment, although that's easier said than done!

Cheers,
Pam

K Taylor-Green
06-13-2007, 08:15 PM
I know what you mean!:lol: Yuck on summer colds and allergies!

AngelaF
06-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi everyone, I am looking at this late this month. Thanks for another great reference, Katherine. Thus far, I think dogs are harder than horses. I hope to get to this before the month is out, but probably will be toward the end of the month.

Lacey, I love the colors and painterly feel in you piece -- I can't believe you did it in an hour and half. I plan to do OP also, but know it will be six or more hours of work.

Tracy, I love the glow in your fur also and you did do an excellent job on the mouth.

Gill, you did a good job capturing the colors of the dog.

Freeno, interesting abstraction and nice use of color.

Adrian -- great realism !!! I wish I didn't look at it before I started though, your background is tempting. Though I also like the dark backgruond in Lacey's interpretation, also.

Angela

artastic
06-15-2007, 10:34 AM
hey, just rediscovered this thread!, I knew it was out there, but could not find it! I am going to try Soliel before June is gone
I love labs (this will be the first lab I have ever done)

K Taylor-Green
06-15-2007, 03:02 PM
hey, just rediscovered this thread!, I knew it was out there, but could not find it! I am going to try Soliel before June is gone
I love labs (this will be the first lab I have ever done)

Good! The more the merrier.

pequan
06-15-2007, 07:56 PM
wow, what great stuff so far.....I won't be able to participate this month...but really appreciate you doing this month's K......will check back and look at everyone's stuff when I can......ENJOY IT....
Linda/Pequan

GaryNorthants
06-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Hiya, I have a week booked off work soon so will add my contribution then. Slightly miffed just now as recently bought 5 sets of softies and discovered that there are 25 duplicated colours out of 72!! Need to order some missing shades and then Soleil here I come. Enjoying seeing everyone's work so far
Gary

artastic
06-19-2007, 09:06 PM
here is Soliel, it took around 3 hours, (was there a 2 hr limit?)
my first pastel animal, on dark tan suede mat with WN softies and some derwent soft pencils
this was SO much fun, and she is such a beauty

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Jun-2007/104250-Soliel.jpg

loved your challenge, thanks so much Katherine

K Taylor-Green
06-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Nope Bonnie, no time limit!
You have done a wonderful job! The suede gives it a soft look. I love the stuff!

Pat Isaac
06-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Unbelievable that this is your first dog portrait. Beautiful work and I like all the subtle coloring.

Pat

lacey sprocket
06-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Katherine, the twinkle in the eye is wonderful! She's got personality!

Tracy Lewis
06-21-2007, 02:57 PM
really lovely piece of work.

K Taylor-Green
06-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Lacey, She is a holy terror, sometimes, but can be a real sweety at others. I can't believe she is seven months old, already!

GaryNorthants
06-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Here's my contribution. I enjoyed doing this imensley. I had a little pup just like this some years back, her name was Suki. She had a wonderful temperament and was so loving yet tough as old boots. Having braved this I'm feeling more confident about painting my current companion Lewis.
Anyway, Sennelier sanded board, A4, in order of use, Derwent pastel pencils, a few hard pastels and Rowney soft pastels. I thought the blue background would make her stand out a bit from the original brown you can see in the right hand corner.
Gary :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Jun-2007/106728-Soleil.jpg

K Taylor-Green
06-21-2007, 10:24 PM
She is beautiful!!

Pat Isaac
06-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Wonderful rendering, Gary. The fur and expression are perfect.

Pat

lacey sprocket
06-22-2007, 11:11 AM
You really captured the soft subtlties of the fur. Nice job!

pequan
06-22-2007, 10:28 PM
OH MY GOSH GARY, that is one fantastic painting.

GaryNorthants
06-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Thank you for the kind comments. Can you tell I'm a big animal lover? :rolleyes: Soleil is a great subject to paint and maybe we will get an update of her when she's older?
Gary:wave:

RooGal
06-23-2007, 08:02 PM
:wave: G'day,
Well, I think my head cold has finally cleared up for good and I was happy that I could try my hand at Soleil. She is a beauty Katherine.

Bonnie - what a lovely job you've done right down to her collar.:thumbsup:

Gary - great rendition.:clap:

This is the first time I've ever tried painting an animal of any kind. I had a hard time with the mouth and eye (i still don't think the eye is placed correctly), but I did have a lot of fun painting her. Thanks again Katherine.

15cm X 21cm (6" X 8.25"), Canson smooth side, Rembrandt pastels

C&C alway greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Pam

GaryNorthants
06-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi Pam,
Looking good. Hopefully you'll do another animal now you've broken your duck. I had major problems with the mouth too as the photo lost all detail in all the bits I hoped it would show. No good looking at my own dog to cheat either as he's a boxer and poor Soleil would have had droopy chops!!!
Gary :wave:

K Taylor-Green
06-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Pam, you have done a fine job! Really good for a first. Maybe you will be inspired to do more animals.

Gary, I had a good laugh over the droopy chops!

RooGal
06-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Thank you Katherine and Gary. As I said, it was fun to try and I really tried hard NOT to blend; which gets hard to do when all one wants to do sometimes is touch the pretty colours. :lol:

Cheers,
Pam

tyree
06-24-2007, 08:54 PM
:wave: bonnie...that suede makes the fur look so soft...great work!!! ~~~gary...brilliant!!!! ~~~pam...cant believe its your first ...really good job indeed...tyree :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pabs
06-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Hi all - managed to get my work done today after returning from holiday, taking round about an hour to complete. It's not my sort of subject, but I promised I would take part and I have!!!
Reasonably happy with the coat, shape, mouth etc, but the eye I feel really does let it down somewhat - I just couldn't get it right.
Ah well, at least I've taken part.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Jun-2007/103619-2007.Labrador.02jpg.jpg
What's next??????
Regards,
Pabs

lacey sprocket
06-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Pam, good job! It's hard not to touch the pretty colors, huh! Tounge is nice.

Pabs, thanks for joining in! You did rather well on that nose!

GaryNorthants
06-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Hi Pabs, well done for joining in outside your comfort zone. I put my thumb over the eye and the rest of the painting is great. Might be worth going back to it at a later date? Between you and me I'm dreading a flower or foliage subject when it comes....
Gary

LJW
06-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Just wanted to say that there are a lot of wonderful dog portraits here this month. I've been too busy over the last few months to participate, but I enjoy seeing all the postings. Good work. Jane

Pabs
06-26-2007, 05:06 AM
Gary - putting my finger over the eye does make a difference; probably you are right to suggest going back to it later on, a fair comment.
Lacey - yeah, now you mention it the nose does seem to be the better part of the piece. If only the eyes looked like noses!!!!!
Now I've posted it and looked at it again, I think the background colour did not help, but I just wanted to get away from the brown/yellow subject with a brown background. Gary, yours is a wonderful image of the subject, with a really great coat and detail, and the blue really sets it off very well indeed.
Still, I've done it, and learned from it, which is what it's all about.
Regards,
Pabs

CM Neidhofer
06-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Here's my verson of Soleil. She's such a pretty little girl!! Assorted softies on 9 x 12, dark blue Colourfix. I was going to do something for a background, but I liked it just as it is, soooo....just as it is...it is!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jun-2007/40633-SoleilJunePastelStrokes.jpg
I see there are a couple of smudgies, one above her nose and one on the right. I tried to brush them off, but just made it worse.

Christine

lacey sprocket
06-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Christine, wonderful! She looks so soft. The shading is really nice and the color is too.

K Taylor-Green
06-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Christine, I like it!! Good job on the collar as well. Well painted over all!

Yellie
06-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi to you all!

I am really enjoying all the beautiful Labradors in this month’s thread. Here is my entry. It's my first animal ever and I hesitated to post. Mostly because I cheated… I was so convinced that this challenge was far too difficult for me, that I immediately decided not to draw but to trace. I didn’t even give it a try... I am also very unhappy with the eye. To me it looks like poor Soleil had great fun with Katherine’s makeup… I have tried to change it a zillion times, but it doesn’t get any better than this. Suggestions on how to correct are more than welcome!
Can’t wait to see you all next month! Fortunately July is only a few days away…

Greetings,
Mariëlle

GaryNorthants
06-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi Mariëlle, well done. A beautiful soft furry coat, she looks like a fluffy pup. You must do more animals
Gary

Pat Isaac
06-27-2007, 04:38 PM
:eek: I missed a few days of this thread, because I wasn't getting email notices and look at all these wonderful paintings of Soleil....Great job everyone.

Pat

MSusie
06-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Adrian,
What a nice painting! Especially nice job on the mouth, nice color's in the background as well.

Marie

MSusie
06-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Gary ... AMAZING! You really captured her likeness and her spirit. Her photo shows a bright, lovely and happy lab. Love your use of light and the softness you achieved in her fur. Well done. It is easy to see you love animals.

Marie

K Taylor-Green
06-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Marielle, You have done a great job on Soliel! Bringing it to life is as important as the outline drawing, so don't be embarrassed.

lacey sprocket
06-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Yellie, I think you did a great job! There's no shame in tracing, I use a grid to transfer drawings for my larger paintings all the time. It's a good time saving device, and it helps to make sure the outlines are in the right place before you start in on the painting.
As for the eye, I think the problem is that the whites are a little big- in particular the white in the front of the pupil is very small in the original. The shap of the eye is kind of like a section of a tangerine, or a rounded triangle. It's curved on the top, and almost flat on the bottom. Try drawing a few studies of just the eye by itself, and I bet you'll have it in no time!

K Taylor-Green
06-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Oops, we don't have anyone lined up to host next month's Strokes! Would anyone here like to volunteer?
If so, send me a PM with a selection of photos!

eagle owl
06-29-2007, 07:38 PM
I was determined to do this month's pastel strokes not least because I made it a goal on Goal of the Month thread and I'm nearly finished. I'll post it tomorrow.

Carol

K Taylor-Green
06-30-2007, 01:14 PM
As we don't have a volunteer to host the Strokes for July, I am going to leave this one going for any late comers, including me! Mine isn't finished either.
So, Carol, take your time.

eagle owl
07-01-2007, 10:43 AM
What do you have to do to host it? You could probably twist my arm. Ouch!!!

Carol

Pat Isaac
07-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Carol, go to this thread and you can volunteer...yay.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429986

Pat

tyree
07-01-2007, 11:44 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Jul-2007/65063-lab_2.jpg :lol: :lol: :lol: okay, you may laugh!!! i know he is red and yellow...theyre the two of the cheapie colours i have in my op selection...xmas is only 6 months away..so maybe by then:p new better colors!!! i thought july would be up..so nobody would have to comment:evil: tyree

lacey sprocket
07-01-2007, 11:59 AM
Tyree, I love it! Super expressive, and I love the green.

K Taylor-Green
07-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Wow! Lots of color! Very complimentary. This really pops off the page.

Kathryn Wilson
07-01-2007, 12:27 PM
We are taking names into the new year now if anyone else wants to be a Pastel Strokes host. Please PM me directly if you are interested.

Pat Isaac
07-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Great job, tyree. I love the bold color.

Pat

Kathryn Wilson
07-01-2007, 08:03 PM
I am going to move this thread to the Library, but those of you have not finished can still post.

eagle owl
07-20-2007, 09:49 AM
It's very late but I finished - first time in months that I managed to finish a painting and I'm feeling good :thumbsup:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jul-2007/49117-lab_portrait_a2.jpg

Pat Isaac
07-20-2007, 10:34 AM
This is beautiful, Carol. I love all the muted colors.

Pat

eagle owl
07-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Thank you Pat.

I'm trying to develop my own style for portraits. I want mine to be different but not wacky :wink2:

Carol

xx

Piper Ballou
07-20-2007, 07:16 PM
Carol...this is fanastic....very soft looking, l really like how you capture the dog...very nice
piper

eagle owl
07-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Thank you, Piper.

Carol

xx

GaryNorthants
07-22-2007, 04:10 AM
Hi Carol, great style, you have captured the expression perfectly
Gary