PDA

View Full Version : Flemish Maroger

Wassie
05-31-2007, 02:01 AM
Have any of you ever used this medium seen at:
http://www.oldmastersmaroger.com/flemish.htm ?

If so, how do you use it and what do you think of it?

pintor
05-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Yes, I have one that Im still using. Its a great medium that you could do so much with it. I just squeeze some of this medium, put it on my palette and use it at every stage of the painting(underpainting, overpainting)..it handles beautifully. I bought mine 2 years ago for $30 from a friend of mine who recommend it to me. Thumbs up!

Wassie
06-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Yes, I have one that Im still using. Its a great medium that you could do so much with it. I just squeeze some of this medium, put it on my palette and use it at every stage of the painting(underpainting, overpainting)..it handles beautifully. I bought mine 2 years ago for $30 from a friend of mine who recommend it to me. Thumbs up!

So, do you mix it with the colors on your palette? Or do you pick up some on your brush with your paint everytime you pick up paint to do a stroke?

corn akkers
06-01-2007, 04:52 AM
Hi Wassie. Thanks for your hint. It look like the ideal stuff to me. I've done some googleing on this but came to no other pages than those, directly linked to the Old Masters' website itself. I'd like to see some comments from users. F.e., is it's consistensy's going to last and is it the Jan van Eijck-stuff for real? Or.., is there a catch to the modern stuff? If there is none, I'd buy it right away, for I'd could need it very badly!

pintor
06-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Hello, Wassie! The way I use this medium is mix it with the mixtures Im going to use..just like using other painting mediums..mix a little with your paint mixtures and voila!

Jerald Peterson
10-12-2011, 09:32 PM
When I switched from WC to oil I used David Davis maroger along with black oil. I now use Old Masters Flemish and/or Italian Maroger without oil or terp. Love the way it handles.

forsooth
10-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Wassie, thanks for the heads up on this!

My question would be, how compatible would this be with other mediums typically used in oil painting? Looks like it would fit right in!