PDA

View Full Version : Bless Us, United States for The Corporate Machine

kayemme
11-04-2000, 06:19 PM
As some of you know (I was talking about it in the Cafe), most of us have the opportunity to use, for free, television equipment located at your local, corporate cable entity.

It's called Cable Access, and I'm sure some of you have seen the results of this service when you see your neighbor, possibly naked, giving a raccoon a bath on channel 2045, very late at night, after the environmental lesbian chanting hour.

I just want to remind you that this is a service we all have access to. Video Art and Performance Art are two venues I am very interested in, but for this kind of media, we need access to editing and overdubbing equipment. They teach you how to use all the equipment.

A bonus to using Cable Access, is that they show your work, for free!

Step out of your box. Anything is art.

LarrySeiler
11-05-2000, 07:51 AM
Yeah.....I'd encourage others to go for it. I found out about that available to me in Eau Claire, Wisconsin just before moving into the far northeastern logging country. Here...cable is something they hoist big heavy logs with.

So...my ship will have to hang around at the harbor's mouth until I can afford to pick up a decent video camera of my own! But...as for others...I'd agree with Kay and encourage you to check it out.

Larry