PDA

View Full Version : Ginger and White Kitty xp

Holley
05-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Hi there, it's been a while since I have been here, hope you all remember me!
I finally have something I can share as I have been painting alot of people portraits lately and they have been private pieces. It's nice to finally finish something for myself.
This one is from an image in the RL, he has been one of those on and off again projects. I have already posted this in the animal forum so forgive me if you've already seen him. Done with pastel pencils on Canson, 7.5x9.5inches. :cat:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-May-2007/28375-Ginger_n_White_Kitty_SP2.jpg

CJMonty
05-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Wow Holley, he looks soft enough to pat, he's fantastic. I love all of your work, I'd love to have you as a teacher. Funny you should pop up just now, I have just been writing on this weeks Scummble and mentioned a trip we are doing in a couple of weeks time and was aying how we would probably spend a night in Mt Gambier and that it was where you are from, isn't that amazing.!!:)
I love visiting the sink holes and feeding the possums there, it is so amazing that they have addapted to live in the caves there instead of hollows. The last time we were there we had a lengthy chat with an elderly gardener there and he had been telling us how over the years he had to work out what plants he could grow without the possums stealing all the blossums.
How do you get the fur to look so real, it is amazing.

Take Care

Love CJ :heart:

Artistammy
05-28-2007, 08:42 PM
georgeous! Those eyes just glow.
Tammy

Paula Ford
05-28-2007, 10:40 PM
Hi Holley, This is a gorgeous kitty!!! So nice to see you again.

Paula

soap
05-29-2007, 02:37 AM
Oh My! This is gorgeous!!

Netty
05-29-2007, 04:11 AM
Holley!!
Your kitty is so gorgeous! This is one of my favourites of yours. You have captured such a soft beautiful expression that really gives this cat life.
Just to let you know, my last 5 pastel paintings have been done on canson, hehe...... I am really enjoying it! But Holley, You still are the canson Queen!!!! And always will be! :) hehe......
Annie:)

Doris Baggett
05-29-2007, 04:12 AM
so real I could hear it purr!

tURBOCAT
05-29-2007, 07:00 AM
Amazingly beautiful.

*Marina*
05-29-2007, 07:11 AM
WOW, superb

*Marina*
05-29-2007, 07:11 AM
WOW, superb

NickyW
05-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Oh nice work Holley, i think your kitty looks absolutely gorgeous, and wow so real..very very good work..

NickyW
05-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Holley i just checked out your website..your work is so beautiful..i hope to learn to be as talented and patient as you are..very amazing work..

soap
05-29-2007, 08:14 AM
Close up please!! :D :D

lisagirl
05-29-2007, 09:15 AM
That is incredible! I have just started to play with soft pastels and I hope to some day be able to use them as you do... This is just Wonderful!
Lisa

Westerngirl
05-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Beautiful work! And I want to come visit where you live.....sounds fascinating!:)

Merethe T
05-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Holley- glad to have you back! And another stunner from you, you never let us down with your paintings...everything's just perfect!

Merethe

grampy bone
05-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Amazingly detailed work here. I think this one is awesome, and I don't even like cats!

*Violet*
05-29-2007, 02:10 PM
hi holley !! ... i've missed seeing your work but you do have a wonderful excuse ... congrats on the commissions !! ... your work definitely is deserved of them ... this kitty is no exception too ... marvelously rendered as per your usual abilities ... i still can't keep my pencils that sharp !!! ... you're amazing ... :)

Holley
05-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Oh wow, thanks so much everyone, it's good to be back!!! Hope I can get here a bit more in the future as I sure love stopping by, this is the most contact I have with other artists believe it or not!

CJ - I am not sure I'd be a great teacher, I'd probably confuse you more than anything as I muck around a bit, probably confuse myself too. Make sure you bring your rain jacket, beanie and gloves when you come down here as it's rather cold right now, we are having lots of rain this week. It would be nice to meet you if you had time while you were in the area :)

Tammy, Paula, Soap, Doris, Johnnie, Marina, Nicky, Lisa, Deb, Merethe, Grampy Bone, Violet - Thanks for commenting on my work, it is most appreciated! It's nice to see some of you do remember me.

Annie - Cansons not so bad after all is it, it's all about how you apply your dusty's. I don't think I am the Queen of Canson but it is sure nice of you to say so! That made me smile :D

Soap - A close up, let's see how this comes through. Mmmm, don't look too closely at that right eye ...:wink2:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-May-2007/28375-Ginger_n_White_Kitty_cu800.jpg

Lisa M
05-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Holley--Can I ask what brand of pastel pencils you use? I'm curious about them as the only ones I can buy in-store are the small sets with few colors (Derwent's), and I wouldn't really know which big, expensive set to order online.
Your cat is simply beautiful. I just took some photos of my cats as they were lounging in the sun, and I can't imagine doing such a great work.

Lisa

UnknownArtist
05-31-2007, 02:47 PM
WOW love your kitty :thumbsup: I thought it was the photo at first. GREAT JOB :clap:
What kind of pencils do you use? :D i'm working up a wish list, i've found i really enjoy working on fur and eyes lol ! You have a beautiful kitty. Do you have any kitty images in the library?
Kenya

prestonsega
05-31-2007, 03:15 PM
I seldom comment on animal paintings but this kitty deserves a :clap:

Artaholic
05-31-2007, 10:17 PM
WOW:) :clap: :clap: :clap: Fantastic painting.

Holley
06-01-2007, 05:29 AM
Lisa, Kenya - I use CarbOthello's and Faber Castell Pitt pastel pencils. Instead of white pastel I use Generals charcoal white. Both my sets consist of 60 colours, my Faber Castell were a gift a few years ago so I am not sure of their cost but the CarbOthello's were $160au. Yes I do have some kitty pics in the reference library but my cats are black and white, I am not sure who uploaded the ref. for this one. Thanks for commenting :)

Preston, Gerry - Thanks for taking the time to comment on my work!!

maggie latham
06-01-2007, 06:19 AM
:cat:

Hello,

Beautiful! Come and paint mine please!

Maggie

Lisa M
06-01-2007, 10:04 AM
Holley--thanks for the pencil info:cat: .

Lisa