PDA

View Full Version : Was looking for Schmincke color chart when...

Paula Ford
05-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Was painting my latest sketch and realized I only had a little tiny bit of this color left, so I went looking for a Schmincke color chart to find the number/name of that color.

I found this website that has Schminckes on sale for $1.99/stick. WOW!

Called them, but no answer. Probably because it is a holiday here in the states.

http://www.artpurveyors.com/Schminckepastels.html
Scroll way down...

Has anyone ever ordered anything from them?

Paula

Bringer
05-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi Paula,

That's a steal !

Thanks !

Kind regards,

Josť

nana b
05-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi Paula! What a deal! I'm going to call them this week. Schminkes are my favorites. Thanks for the heads up!

nana b

David Patterson
05-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Someone needs a little willpower!:rolleyes:

David

CJMonty
05-28-2007, 08:39 PM
WOW Paula, you could afford the entire set at that price. I thought I did well last Christmas when my husband bought me the full set. We had found a site which was based in Melbourne in Australia I am in Perth Western Australia and he had the Schminke for Aus$4.20 per stick where here in WA they are Aus$6.95 per stick. Your deal is even better by a long shot, that works out to Aus $2.55 per stick which is totally amazing value.

I just ordered about 32 Art Spectrum Pastels from this guy too, mostly the Australian Colours as they are Aus$2.50 per stick instead of the price here of Aus $ 3.75.

Its worth shopping around and looking for those specials, especially when they are as good as the one you have found.

CJ :heart:

nana b
05-29-2007, 11:05 AM
David, who's Will?:lol:

Paula Ford
05-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Ok, I just got off the phone with Art Purveyors. The man said the sale is still on, but they are getting low on the really dark colors and the really light colors, but everthing in between he has lots of.

Sounded like a very nice gentleman.

Paula

Paula Ford
05-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Here is a Schmincke color chart.

http://schmincke.com/data/content/uk/uk_index.htm

Click on
Index
Pastells
Colours

needtopaint
05-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Oh how I wish I'd had this when I ordered. It's so much clearer. Oh well, next time... Thanks Paula

Christine

nana b
06-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Paula, did you ever order any of these? Did anyone else order any? I did, and received them yesterday and they were a mess. I have called the company but didn't get to talk to the right person yet. I am trying again today. They were taped down to a piece of cardboard across the label but they broke and fell out of the label and just left pretty much the empty labels attached. I can't read the labels for color description because they are so saturated with pastel dust and they didn't include a packing list so I don't even know what I received. I've included pictures. Beware:crying:

nana b

Paula Ford
06-08-2007, 01:16 PM
OH MY GOSH!! What an awful mess!!!! I hope you can get ahold of the right person. They need to refund you every bit of your money!!!

If you don't get results, you let me know and I'll take care of it.

They will never forget the RATH OF PAULA!!

Paula

nana b
06-08-2007, 01:47 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks, Paula ,for the backup!:lol: I'm pretty RATHY myself:lol:

nana

nana b
06-08-2007, 03:57 PM
I have talked to a girl that works there and she can't tell me for sure when Mike will be in . Maybe tomorrow and maybe Mon or Tues. She doesn't have his cell number:rolleyes: I sent 2 e-mails but they didn't go thru with the e-mail address that's on that site. To top it off, they didn't include a packing slip so I don't know what I was charged for. The girl, Hannah, I think, said it was procedure to include a packing slip:eek: .
I think he will do what's right, he seemed nice on the phone when I ordered:wink2:
I will be patient because I don't have much choice.

nana b

Bringer
06-08-2007, 04:31 PM
Hi Nana,

I'm thinking about ordering (talked to a girl on the phone), but I'll ask them to put them all together instead of on a board (so as to pay less for volume).
I don't care if they come broken or smudge - you should se mine :-)
Sorry for your situation.

Kind regards,

Josť

needtopaint
06-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Wow, the order that I received was "iffy" to say the least but it was far superior to the order you received. Guess I should now count my blessings. Mine, too, were taped to a piece of foamcore board and surrounded by bubble-wrap. Three of them were in pieces, one was smashed completely and all were thick with pastel dust, to the point I couldn't tell what color they were supposed to be without wiping them off. Accept for the smashed one, they are usable, so I decided to 'let it go." I had considered ordering more but thought it not the wisest move. Now I'm glad I decided in the negative. Good luck with them. The man I talked was very nice, so let's hope he makes good.

Christine

nana b
06-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Bringer, good luck on you order:rolleyes: but I wouldn't expect much.

Christine, you should have let him know, that's not right. Did they include the packing list?

nana b

needtopaint
06-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Hi nana b,
Yes, they did include a packing list.

Christine

nana b
06-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Thanks Christine

nana

artpurveyor
06-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Hello to all...
Christing, if you will contact me, I will be happy to credit you for the four sticks you found unusable...I just got back from a "hiatus" building a log cabin in a semi-remote part of northeast Tennessee...no cell phone service there yet. I got in touch with and squared things with Mrs. baker today. The only thing I can figure after seeing her photos is that this package was subject to a random inspection by the postal service...I have had this problem a couple of times since 9/11, where my client gets the package, but it has been rifled through pretty badly. At any rate, I do my best to take care of my clients, whether they actually walk in the door or call me on the phone.

FYI: In cases where your soft pastels get "gunked up" with excess pigment from rubbing againts other sticks, here's a quick fix I use frequently (because I'm a messy pastel artist, and toss all mine into a drawer together when not using them) simply fill a plastic bag with some uncooked rice, and shake the pastel around in it...cleans 'em up really well.

any questions or problems call my direct line at (800) 861-DRAW, and sorry again for the inconvenience.
-Mike Hill
artpurveyors.com

nana b
06-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I just finished talking to Mike and after he saw the pictures of the pastels I received we have come to an agreement. He credited the entire amount back and I am shipping everything back to him. Thank you Mike. Then he will deal with the postal service.
He said they have a lot of good art products for the professional (ms?) artist and I may check back with him later for some.

nana b

David Patterson
06-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Dang!! I need to take note that there's a "Rath of Paula" waiting to explode!!:eek:

David:D