PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah with Baby

yogibear
05-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Just finished this one. Also posted to soft pastel. It is done on suedeboard, 8 x 10. It took around 3 1/2 hours to this point. Any suggestions for improvement?

Thanks,

Linda

PatrickHedges
05-27-2007, 08:26 PM
It's really good.

I assume you are going to go further with the foreground and background.

One thing, the cheetah's right leg (our left) looks very stiff. I'm sure it is in the reference, but it looks a bit odd at the moment. Flip it around on the computer, or look at it in a mirror.

The faces are gorgeous and you've done the spots really well :)

yogibear
05-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Thanks Patrick. I always appreciate your helpful comments. You are right about that leg. I am not sure how to fix it though. Any suggestions? I was going to leave the background as is. Do you think it needs work?

Linda

jody007
05-27-2007, 08:58 PM
I think you did a beautiful job. I love it!
Jody

VeronicaF
05-28-2007, 03:18 AM
Ahh they are so cute, you have done a wonderful job with them both,I have seen this photo, and you have done them wonderfully.

annj
05-28-2007, 04:26 AM
Linda this looks great - very cute pose. Except as Patrick mentioned, the front legs look stiff. They need some bends in them. Are you able to post the reference pic for us please? Also, the paws look to me like they need to be bigger. They would appear larger than normal to us, since they are the closest to our point of view. Hope this helps.

alicat
05-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Really like this, Linda, and the way the cub is peeping out from behind the mother is very cute, too!

I agree with the others about the front leg, it's not reading right and the change from thick to thin is too abrupt - would like to see the ref. if possible, it's hard to really say otherwise. I would play around with the bg a bit more, too, perhaps some darks to help the cheetahs 'pop' a bit more?

They're a beautiful couple and I like that typical cheetah pose surveying the surroundings from a mound. The colours work beautifully and it all has a lovely feeling about it, something all your paintings seem to have!

PatrickHedges
05-29-2007, 02:04 AM
I was going to leave the background as is. Do you think it needs work?
I think Ali's nailed it. Just a bit more to make the cheetahs zing. Their faces are so good, it would be great to find some way of really focussing our attention on them, and darkening the background would do that.