PDA

View Full Version : Packing for college... what should I bring?

Andi @ Cirrutopia
05-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Hey, y'all! Okay, I'm not packing quiiite yet, but it's time to start buying stuff (that's the best part... it'll be my last months with mommy's and daddy's wallet) and I want to know what you've found is important to bring. I want to know not only what to buy, but also what I might already have that I shouldn't leave at home. By the way, I was accepted to Moravian for Art Education.

So far the list looks like this:
__ refridgerator
__ fan
__ laptop
__ alarm clock
__ bed sheets, pillowcases

Thanks, all!

kalyweb
06-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi-
I've been out of college for some time now but in retrospect, there are some things I would have definately brought. One being a small microwave. Absolutely necessary. A bottle of ibuprophen. Insulated coffee cup. Coffee pot for that matter. And a traveling easel with a pull out drawer where you can store materials like paint, brushes etc. Oh, a can of Lysol disenfectant. Roomates can be smelly. Tissues for the inevitable cold. Well, those are the major things I can think of. Oh yeah, don't forget your favorite teddy bear for those long lonely nights away from home. Hope this helps

-kalyweb

beautifulfreak
06-02-2007, 01:38 AM
pillow and a phone, I also took a locking trunk to lock valuables up when not in the room, all it takes for your roommate to leave the door unlocked and run to the neighbor's room for something important to walk out of your room. Mine fit under the bed but the beds were fairly high. If there are cooking facilities available bring a small pot to boil water, a small fry pan for eggs, and a cookie sheet for frozen pizza, some utensils and a plate and cereal bowl(and something to wash them with). Towels and washclothes...enough for at least a week(laundry seems to not get done so regularly when at school), oh also a laudry basket or laundry bag to carry your dirty stuff to the laundrymat. I would take a small TV, I went off thinking I wouldn't need one but I suddenly heard of a hurricane theatening my hometown area and had no tv to find out what was going on, my folks luckily just got rain but my next trip home I brought my 13" that I had left home back with me. I didn't watch it much but I was sure glad it was there when I needed news.

Koi
06-08-2007, 06:08 PM
This might be an oxymoron, but bring your art supplies. They will be more exspensive to buy near college. I know you'll bring clothes, but remember to bring a light sweater or jacket for the inevitable cold class room. Why is there always one room that is too hot, and one room that is freezing every semester?

osidianrose
06-11-2007, 04:16 PM
In all seriousness, you need to think about bringing pepper spray, a whistle, and some sort of small knife. Keep in mind, that I go to one of the top party schools in the nation, though. BUT you need protection.