PDA

View Full Version : Two Women in Monotype

Zmaster
05-08-2002, 04:22 AM
Just put out to see what people thought...:cool:

sassybird
05-16-2002, 01:47 PM
This is an interesting composition. Can you tell me what medium you used for the monoprint? Ink, Watercolor, oils....?

Zmaster
05-16-2002, 02:45 PM
Its a huge collection I have of pieces that are individual pieces no copies... all were done in ink on plexiglass and if I liked image I worked mainly wipe with rags and mineral spirits to draw image out of the ink pressed on the surface. If I liked how it looked...I would print it...
Many pieces I would just wipe the glass clean and start over but if it came out like I wanted I would go to next step and run through press on paper....

I really like this technique it reminds me a bit like a charcoal technique I used where you rub charcoal to fill paper and erase the image out of the darkness... Real neat technique but can be messy so you have to wash up allot as you go so you do not mess up your papers edging and so forth....

Thanks for asking...
Zmaster

sassybird
05-16-2002, 08:40 PM
I always enjoyed working with charcoal like that too. I haven't tried it with printers ink though. Guess I am going to be doing some experimenting this week.

Have you tried printing one over the ghost of another monoprint?

Zmaster
05-17-2002, 11:14 PM
Why have you done such a technique in other mediums??
Thanks for the comment maybe its an idea in future to try.....
Sincere gratituted.....
Zmaster:cat:

sassybird
05-20-2002, 12:54 AM
This piece is a linoleum cut over a ghost of a monoprint. You just need to make sure that it is good and dry before you add the second layer. Remember in doing monoprints on plexiglass that you can do a linoleum piece first and then put the plexi over it to add color in where you want it. Just make a template of the paper and the plate so that you get the registration you want.

You can also do the same thing with a ghost of another piece. Put it under the plexi and paint where you want to add more color, or overlap an image. You would be surprised at the results you get.

Zmaster
05-20-2002, 01:27 AM
real nice cutt linolium cutt... I did and etching that wayalso the Bataman print did you get to look at that one on prinmaking post area????? Some of the colors were layed in with plexiglass on second or third layers, some is paper too.. different colors......
I need to post some more of my other monotypes, just recently purchased a fuji camera digital to replace my old kodac which was only acceptable of two mega bights of memory new one is 128 which hopefully will be able to do alot mor for me.....
Thanks for showing me your piece.... Always like your comments sassy...
Zmaster:cat:

Zmaster
05-20-2002, 01:31 AM
where in Idaho you located????

I grew up in Michigan but transfered to Chicago since College days back in 80s.....
Zmaster

sassybird
05-20-2002, 01:22 PM
Z, I live about 40 miles from Boise in Mountain Home. Just a little military town with a population of around 24,000 mostly military people.